Retired Visa

Hi everyone I am on a 3 months retired visa and next week should go for one year. But some came up which might not let me get this extension. If I had to leave the last day of the 3 months is it possible to come back 24 hours later on an exemption of visa? And I suppose I could not reapply for a retired visa .....

Hi everyone I am on a 3 months retired visa and next week should go for one year. But some came up which might not let me get this extension. If I had to leave the last day of the 3 months is it possible to come back 24 hours later on an exemption of visa? And I suppose I could not reapply for a retired visa .....        -@North24

Which requirements don't you meet for the one 1 year extension? If arriving on a 60 days tourist visa or even on a 30 days visa exempt, you can change to a 90 days Non-immigrant O based on retirement at the local immigration office. Cost: ฿2.000. The requirements are the same,normally 800k in a Thai bank account. After about 60 days into those 90 days you'll be in the same situation as now.

Just want to know if I leave the last day can I come back the next 24 hours on an exemption visa (which might extent to 60 days from what I read) .and eventually re apply for my retired visa?

Just want to know if I leave the last day can I come back the next 24 hours on an exemption visa (which might extent to 60 days from what I read) .and eventually re apply for my retired visa?        -@North24

Yes,you can return on a 30 days visa exempt which is extendable another 30 days at immigration. Cost: ฿1.900.Then do as I told you in my earlier post to re-apply (change visa) for a 90 days Non-immigrant O visa based on retirement (not a retired visa) if you meet the requirements.

Ok so let's say I cross the Thai/Laos border would that work...like taking a bus and going through immigration both ways ?

Ok so let's say I cross the Thai/Laos border would that work...like taking a bus and going through immigration both ways ?        -@North24

The easiest way by far is to use a travel agency. They will take care of everything. It's just a one day trip.

Hi there!

Excuse me please to join the conversation and ask by the way something similar.... I've been living in Costa Rica for a few years only as a tourist doing what they call there "the border run". That means crossing the border to Nicaragua every three months and return in 24h. This works perfectly there! My question is, if it is possible to do so in Thailand?

Anybody done this experience?

Hi there!Excuse me please to join the conversation and ask by the way something similar.... I've been living in Costa Rica for a few years only as a tourist doing what they call there "the border run". That means crossing the border to Nicaragua every three months and return in 24h. This works perfectly there! My question is, if it is possible to do so in Thailand?Anybody done this experience?        -@Cater1

You can only do 2 border runs per calendar year in Thailand,and each border run adds just a 30 days stay. But each border run is extendable another 30 days at the local immigration office.

@Leeds forever! Oh, thank you for your prompt answer!

Ok, ok I got it!

Ok, ok I got it!        -@Cater1

People on 60 days multiple entry tourist visas can also do border runs. A 30 days extension at the local immigration office will give them a total of 90 days. You can't repeat this over and over again,though.

@Leeds forever!

Sorry ...another question..the last day of my 3 months of the retired visa can I come back and apply for an ED Visa this important because living in Thailand is a plus knowing the language..I know some get by easily ..but depends where you stay downtown or country side. So is this possible?

Thanks

@Leeds forever!Sorry ...another question..the last day of my 3 months of the retired visa can I come back and apply for an ED Visa this important because living in Thailand is a plus knowing the language..I know some get by easily ..but depends where you stay downtown or country side. So is this possible?Thanks        -@North24

You normally apply for a visa at home or at least abroad.The exception is using an agency in Thailand to get an ED visa, but Thai immigration isn't very fond of ED-visas anymore because of so many fake educations. There are language schools in Thailand but not out in the sticks.