How do I import my personal medications from the USA via FedEx

My Medical insurance in the USA has a online Pharmacy that will mail me my medications in the USA,  I have a mail forwarding service that will use FedEx or a carrier you prefer to forwarded my personal medication to me here in Thailand.  My health insurance in the USA provides me with free medications for my thyroid, heart, blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.   My meds are all in the USA listed as category type 1 my medications are non-narcotic also non-psychotropic type

I am hopping to be able to have them mailed to me here in Thailand.  I believe that it is possible I just do not know  what forms, website or how to the this approved for me personally.    To bring them into Thailand when I flew in their was a website that send me a email back saying that my meds are OK to bring into Thailand but I have not been able to find where I can get them approved to mail them to me in Thailand.

Does anyone know how I can do this?  Or if it can be done via the mail (FedEx)?

My Medical insurance in the USA has a online Pharmacy that will mail me my medications in the USA,  I have a mail forwarding service that will use FedEx or a carrier you prefer to forwarded my personal medication to me here in Thailand.  My health insurance in the USA provides me with free medications for my thyroid, heart, blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.   My meds are all in the USA listed as category type 1 my medications are non-narcotic also non-psychotropic typeI am hopping to be able to have them mailed to me here in Thailand.  I believe that it is possible I just do not know  what forms, website or how to the this approved for me personally.    To bring them into Thailand when I flew in their was a website that send me a email back saying that my meds are OK to bring into Thailand but I have not been able to find where I can get them approved to mail them to me in Thailand.Does anyone know how I can do this?  Or if it can be done via the mail (FedEx)?      -@WalnutcharlesThe problem isn't  just the meds, it's the quantity you bring into Thailand. The (official) rules are quite strict. I think it can't exceed 30 days of usage,but I've also seen 90 days. See these links:https://thaiembdc.org/bring-medication-into-thailand/https://fanclubthailand.co.uk/bringing-prescribed-drugs-and-medicine-into-thailand/

Additional, as I import meds as well that are not OTC here, if you use a courier you will pay import fines

Use USPS and you should be fine apart from the irregular catch by customs

Happens to me 1 on 14

@Walnutcharles

I believe FedEx prices are too high.

I'd try to find a local Dr to prescribe your meds.

@Walnutcharles

I have read often that shouldn't be much allowed to bring into Thailand any foreign medicine.

There could be much difference if it's a pharmacy that forward it to you. Cause then it's not a private package and should require an invoice.

Instead between 2 private persons could be less complicate.

In any case to avoid any trouble with custom duties, accise or permits that could cost much more at the end, I pick up my stock collected previously month by month and hand carry them personally once a year when traveling back.

In this way I am sure to have them with me without fail

@Walnutcharles
I have read often that shouldn't be much allowed to bring into Thailand any foreign medicine.

There could be much difference if it's a pharmacy that forward it to you. Cause then it's not a private package and should require an invoice.

Instead between 2 private persons could be less complicate.

In any case to avoid any trouble with custom duties, accise or permits that could cost much more at the end, I pick up my stock collected previously month by month and hand carry them personally once a year when traveling back.

In this way I am sure to have them with me without fail

-@Maxi Mari

It doesn't matter how any prescription meds ends up in Thailand,by mail,courier or bringing them in yourself, it's the allowed quantity that matters.

@Walnutcharles   Much cheaper to just get a doctor in Thailand to prescribe your medications.

@Walnutcharles   Much cheaper to just get a doctor in Thailand to prescribe your medications.        -@thailand4me

Nonsense, it's far from cheaper. Prescription meds bought by foreigners are in some cases very expensive in Thailand. For example meds for diabetes covering a year is really expensive compared to the cost for same meds sent to Thailand. Walnutcharles needs meds for 5 different conditions which will cost a lot here.

@martinoo2002

Can you tell me what import finds you had to pay and to what department, I am wondering if I can go to them and prepay a fee and not get fined.  Has anything else happened to you on the ones that they caught?

One of my meds in the USA is over 800 US and another is over 600 US but my Insurance cover them all at zero cost to me.

I have seen the website for bring in my meds when I come into Thailand but I have not seen anywhere I can apply to have them mailed to me.

Thanks all.

@Leeds forever!   If the medications are so expensive in Thailand how can the Thai people afford to buy them? 

@Walnutcharles

Maybe I was speaking about a fine, but I mean the customs know or estimated import duty (as high as 40%) and 7% VAT

Personally I ship with USPS and sometimes get caught and pay above tariffs/rates

Can remember the last time , must have been before Covid

Same goes with Royal Mail

ALL couriers will ALWAYS declare and you will pay, same with EMS

@thailand4me

ALL Thai people have  basic free medical care at a 30thb rate per event or costs for medication...

Working Thai people, and expats, have the Social Security, slightly better, treatment free, some medications are not, you can choose to pay

Thai or foreign partners of government officials have free medical care

That's how they can afford, but some medication, the more expensive ones, are not for free and you get a less expensive alternate

Which does not say the expensive one is better.....

Lots of issues with medications coming into Thailand. Even supplements that I ordered were routed to Nong Khai, and the customs fees were through the roof. I no longer import anything here that even looks like meds.

Pharmacies in Thailand provide just about any medication known to man, and most of them do NOT need a prescription from a doctor. Shop around. You might be surprised.

One thing that has helped me with shipments from the US is to have a mailing label placed on the package in Thai language and addressed to my wife. The vast majority of times, these packages have escaped customs scrutiny regardless of the shipper used.

Lots of issues with medications coming into Thailand. Even supplements that I ordered were routed to Nong Khai, and the customs fees were through the roof. I no longer import anything here that even looks like meds.
Pharmacies in Thailand provide just about any medication known to man, and most of them do NOT need a prescription from a doctor. Shop around. You might be surprised.

-@Karambit

Try to buy insulin syringes or even proper meds for high blood pressure over the counter in Thailand.