US Citizen wanting to marry in Vietnam

Hi everyone,

I am going to Vietnam next year to marry my bf who lives in VN. Questions on the specific paperworks that I need to complete here prior to going..

*Single status statement

*Divorce statement

should i also get a STATEMENT OF NON-IMPEDEMENT TO MARRIAGE?? anything else I'm missing? thanks

Hello tracydinh1988,

Please note that your thread is now on the Vietnam forum.

This way, you will be able to gather information easily.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Before getting married in HCMC, I had to provide a copy of my divorce document from the US and  a statement (notarized by the Consulate here) affirming my  single status. That's it. I know nothing of a

"statement of non-impediment" unless you mean the "proof of non impairment" -otherwise known as the sanity test.  As to that, they merely asked if I'd brought cash along with the necessary passport photos.

Hi everyone,
I am going to Vietnam next year to marry my bf who lives in VN. Questions on the specific paperworks that I need to complete here prior to going..
*Single status statement
*Divorce statement
should i also get a STATEMENT OF NON-IMPEDEMENT TO MARRIAGE?? anything else I'm missing? thanks

-@tracydinh1988

that question was already answered by another forum member in one of the many other threads that you have started on this subject

is there a reason you don't trust that response?

Is there a reason that you don't ask this question in one of those threads that you've already established or participated in?

Hi everyone,
*Single status statement
*Divorce statement

-@tracydinh1988

Only one person can answer this question for you with absolute certainty:

THE VIETNAMESE CITIZEN YOU ARE MARRYING!

(Yeah, I like all-caps too).

No one else can go to the provincial committee where you must be married and get their specific list of items that are required, except for their parents or a sibling.

Stop messing around in anonymous forums where you can get 10 different answers to one question and force the person you are planning to marry to do their job.