Family application

Hi I am a british citizen, I have been living with my Norwegian husband of 17 years of marriage, I habe have been asked to leave norway after my resident was denied.   Can I apply for family application?  Can I be refund if the case is denied?  As it is a huge amount of money.  Thank you for your reply.

You can apply for family immigration but there are many rules and circumstances you must have correct. The wait time for family immigration is extremely long (I am at 10 months with no answer yet). Once you make an application you can stay in Norway and wait it out until you get an answer, but you can´t work. I would not recommend this course as you do not have full rights during this wait. Life is not easy this way.

@Ak Henney

Hmm, maybe consider taking your husband with you to Britain.

@ChrisDl

Thank you for very helpful and prompt reply.  My husband and I are financially secure and we both owned our property.  I will apply for the family application.  Thank you once more.

@Shasha Julio

We thought about that but my husband's job doesn't permit him.  I will apply for the family application.  Thank you for your reply.

@Ak Henney no problem. If you have anymore questions about the process I´m happy to help you. Just drop me a private message.

@ChrisDl

How to do that privately please.  Thanks

@ChrisDl

Can you please tell me what are the documents to be uploaded.  (I have done once in 2015).   Thank you. I  am in Oslo.

@Ak Henney look in the top right corner of this webpage and click on the speech bubble/message logo.

@Ak Henney you will to go to the UDi website and follow the pages that apply to you. The list of documents can be quite long and varies depending on your situation.

@ChrisDl

Thanks I have paid 10.500kr and sent the family application.  I have received an email confirming my appointment date.  Now let hope for the best.  Thanks and have a nice weekend.

@Ak Henney hi Henney, you really need to be sure that if you can stay in Norway during your apolication process. Other wise, first rule is: you can apply and wait in norway if you have already valid visa. I am telling that because they told you that you should leave country ?

@Cansu Sømhovd

I am British citizen  I don't need a visas.  I have paid for a family application today.  Yes I  received a letter from UDI to tell me to leave Norway by 23 of November.  I had a family permit from 2015 to 2026  but I missed one appointment with UDI since that time I have difficulty in Norway and also Britain is no longer in the EUROPEAN UNION.  Thank you for your advice.

@Cansu Sømhov

Sorry 2015 to 2016

@Ak Henney goodluck to you. A general piece of advice would be take everything and more to your appointment. They will get it all out on the table with you so better to be safe than sorry. Anything that could be relevant, take it. And you will almost certainly need copies made of everything. This will be listed in the UDi website.

@ChrisDl

Great I will follow your advice.  Thanks.  Tusen takk.