Intro & Helping my inlaws sell their Ranch in Paraguay

Hi Folks,

Although this isn't a completely altruistic post, I just want to mention first that it's not SPAM.

I came across this site, trying to help my inlaws sell their land in Paraguay, but before I get into that, a little about me.

I'm recently married to a Paraguayan who has since moved to California with me.  So although I'm not a technical expat, I've spent a lot of time in Paraguay, and will probably be visiting yearly, so I figured I should join the site.  Hopefully I can provide some advice, thoughts, answers down the road.

For the not so altruistic part.  I'm hoping to help my inlaws sell their ranch in Arroyos y Esteros.  I've seen a couple posts about cost of housing, etc, so I thought I should mention it in case anyone is looking to begin a new life down south.  I also figure there may be a few that may have advice for me.

In any case, it's 27 acres, about 200mtrs from the highway in the Cordillera region.  It's beautiful out there.  They used to raise chickens and goats, as well as tend to a nice garden, but it was to much time back and forth from Asuncion (where they live) and the ranch.  Since they haven't committed to living there, they figure best to sell it.  The house was recently built and just needs to have the kitchen finished (ie cabinets, countertop, etc.), although the house is in livable condition w/ running water and electricity.

I've been there before and again it's beautiful, it's not "move in" condition by American standards, but as I mentioned, its definitely livable condition day 1 and I think it provides a great opportunity to make it your own.  If anyone is interested in more info, please let me know.  Also if you have any suggestions or contacts, feel free to pass them on.

Thanks in advance,
Erik

Eric, Please e-mail me the specifics ie. is it all timber all rocks hilly? Goats can be pretty rough on the land best used if it's already rough. Pics of land any out buildings and house would be great. My wife and I are getting ready to move to Paraguay in dec. Thank you, Steve ledwith
[email protected]

Hi Steve, I'll gather and send as much information as possible.  In the meantime a few quick clarifications.

Regarding the goats and chickens:  I should have mentioned that they are actually corralled.  I don't know the exact terminology, but the structures are behind the house, so they had minimal impact on the land.

Regarding the land:  I think the region is a little hilly, but the property itself is mostly flat.  There's a small pond at the entrance, you arrive at the house, then it's open land with trees in the backdrop.

I'll follow up with details as soon as possible.  Thanks for the interest.

Erik

For those interested, I put up a profile on Myspace for the ranch, so I could host a few pictures and info.

Granja Harmony Profile

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Erik