Best area for expat with young child

Hi all

My husband and I are looking to relocate to Malta next year. I am 30 and he is 35 so need somewhere that would allow us to find/get to work. However we have a four month old boy so would be looking for somewhere child friendly/safe to go to. I lived in Bugibba/Qawra area many years ago and really liked it but it was quite empty when I lived there, I understand there is more there now. We are going to rent first so we have the option of moving if the area isn't quite right and as my son isn't going to be of school age for a long time, that isn't necessarily a consideration just now.

I guess we are looking for somewhere that offers good value for money, safe, good location for jobs/leisure (cinema, restaurants etc) we won't have a car as neither of us drive.

So does this paradise exist?

I'm sure that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.:)

We are in Qawra, and its fine a good supermarket 10 minutes walk, plenty buses (I drive though). Can't complain about anything, broadband speed over 50mb at home, beer cold, sea wet, and believe me a lot warmer than Aberdeen, I once did a helicopter crash test in the harbour in Aberdeen, kin freezing was not the word. I am Scottish and my wife is Welsh (I am not apologizing) so you are welcome for a beer. Jim n Bev

I used to live in Qawra many years ago and it seems a lot better now, much more to do etc. Even though you drive can you let me know how long it would take by car to get to Sliema/Valetta etc? I was looking at the more central areas as I thought that might be the better option when looking for work, but it all depends on the commute.

Do you have children and would you mind letting me know what sort of work you do? Just trying to see whether UK expats have found it difficult to find work.

Thanks

I work for a UK company online, so don't really work in Malta, having said that I also have a TV Production set-up and film yachting, I have found doors open here everywhere, so many opportunities and only 1 me. Depends on what your CV says what work you go after, but there is much the same work here as UK. Silema is about 15 minutes, Valleta 30 minutes driving normal (which is pretty unusual in Malta) Our daughter is 6 and will be going to St Pauls Bay School in September. Malta is a very safe place for children, they are very family people and she makes new friends every day. Jim n Bev

Lol, so what does your Cv say so I can copy it:D

We aren't looking for the world, just a small piece! My husband writes fiction in his spare time but would love to make a career out of it. He has had loads published. Your jobs sound interesting, sounds like your kept busy!

Sounds like my lawyer, he writes fiction and get's paid for it. Never done a CV, always had to read them. Would not know where to start in going for an interview, I think my last job as an employee was working on the milk van at school. Jim n Bev