Moving to KL from Thailand

Hello community ! Question please : Me and my Thai lady are moving to KL ( I am American ) , for long term we hope to find a laid back, more local neighborhood with street food and markets. But....initially we need a mid priced,  nice hotel to stay for approx 2 weeks while we look for a permanent Condo .  Any suggestions for either please ?  ( Thanks for your patients , I know this question has been asked many times . )

What is your preferred area for a hotel, and what kind of budget are you looking at for a condo?

Hello wyngrove ! As stated , we are looking for a mid priced Hotel initially for approx 2 weeks, then later a condo in the usd $ 350- 500 range.  ( or more if necessary)  We know nothing about the areas, but I watched many YouTube videos,  the Bangsar area sounded interesting . We like older Condos with more space and larger balconies etc.

Thanks for asking !

$350 - 500 range is in Malaysian Ringgit? Or a foreign currency? I think you'll only find a room for that budget.

See $ 350-$500 usd

tons of accommodations that would fit your preferences, you can try on ibilik.com or iproperty or propertyguru.

As mentioned above, the best way to check out properties and locations in KL is by using these online property websites which give contact details for the agents who post the listings, so you can contact them directly via WhatsAapp:

https://www.iproperty.com.my/

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/

https://www.starproperty.my/

These are long established platforms for buying/selling/renting property in Malaysia and very useful.

Bangsar does have a lot of old condominiums such as Sri Wangsaria Condo which also has great facilites such as squash courts, tennis courts, minimarket, sauna, gym, swimming pool, restaurant that will deliver to your apartment and ample parking. I'm not sure if apartments are available for your budget, but it is worth checking. For lower budgets they have two bedroom apartments @1400 sq ft facing the main road but not sure the rents have gone down that much, but you can check on the above property websites. The larger  apartments are 1700 sq ft and above and have balconies with amazing views over Bangsar and Petaling Jaya.

I used to rent out a decent size 1400 sq ft 2 bedroom apartment at KL Gateway in South Bangsar which is over a shopping mall and connected to an LRT local train station. It's a very convenient location and the last rent I collected was around RM2,500 per month which was last year, but I've already sold that place. It's slightly over your budget, but with an oversupply of rental property in KL you can usually negotiate. Nobody wants to leave their apartment  without a tenant if they have a mortgage to pay.

A final word on property agents, be careful and don't sign any agreements to work exclusively with one or another and are usually very willing to drive you around all over the city to show you places. Agents work together and split the commission between themselves. Tenants do not pay any commissions to the agent, the landlord pays it.