Impact of negative decision for family reunification on citizenship

Hi there,

My partner is Belgian. I have been working as freelancer for 4 years. This year I got an opportunity to work with a part time contract at VUB, thus I decided to start family reunification procedure (I obtained the orange card) so I can work in addition to my freelance activity.   After 6 months municipality informed us that the decision was negative just for the absence of my partner health insurance form (and this was the fault of the municipality that did not ask for that document in the beginning).  The decision was taken on 17 July, our apointment was on 14 August to re-aply for the new orange card and to start all over the procedure. Even though my old orange card was valid until 14 August, on the day of re-initiating the family reunification procedure and getting the new orange card for another 6 months the lade at municipality closed the previous dossier with the end date 17 July (the data when the negative decision was taken). In my address history now it states that the residence was canceled on 17 July, even though I was informed just on 14 of August for the decision.

Questions:

• Do they have right to leave this gap in address registration between the 17 July and 14 August? I was expecting that they will close the precious dossier on August 14 and since we applied directly for the new procedure there will be no gaps of addresses in the address history.
  • Will this break of 1 month reset the days for citizenship? I have seen that there is an article in the citizenship law that allows for temporary absence with a time no longer than 6 months. Can this be the same case?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

In my commune they insisted that the break reset the clock and the other thing is that if your partner is a Belgian citizen that never lived outside Belgium before, the count for five years starts when the F card was issued.

I had same problem with my commune last year and they refused my application for citizenship I had to wait till the end of my card F.