Accommodation advice in KL

Its looking increasing likely that I will be moving to KL before the end of the year for work purposes. A new job, a new career and new beginning.

I have been living in Bangkok for almost 15 years and the accommodation variants here suit me very well............the older, larger, brighter apartments with the dark wood floors and large balconies., just perfect for me.

Is there anything similar to that in KL.............I've checked on the various agency websites and it's predominantly condos on there which tend not to have wooden floors or large balconies.

Am I looking for something which doesn't exist in KL?

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the housing section at the top of this page.

@MHemel hi, now malaysia apartment doesn't have balcony. Still can get, but a bit old building. I have a few units in KL city to rent out, if you need i can share you some information.

There are those kinds of apartments although many of them have tiled or marble flooring. However they do exist. Which part of KL are you thinking about living in or is that open? And is there a budget for the rental?

I used to live in a 1,700 sq ft apartment in Bangsar that hard teak flooring (not parquet) and three bedrooms and a balcony. Some of the apartments on the first 2 floors are a lot bigger with large balconies, and then the penthouse apartments on the top are really huge with lots of balcony space. that place has tennis courts, squash court, minimart, pool, sauna, restaurant that delivers to your apartment and many other facilities.

On Ampang Road walking distance to KLCC I used to live in an 1,800 sq ft apartment and that had a great sized balcony overlooking the pool and a lot of trees in the garden. However, that was large marble tiles but a very nice place to live.

But I'd say it's definitely worth contacting agents when you are in KL and let them know your requirements, budget and preferred location. Agents in KL are very dynamic and work together with other agents depending on where you want to live. The most important is to know which part of KL you want to live as public transport, traffic jams, vicinity to shopping malls, restaurants, pubs etc are also quite important.

In KL I am sure there is a big oversupply of apartments, especialy the older ones so it's always worth negotiating hard. And remember that the tenant pays nothing to the agent, all fees are borne by the landlord.

The older condos usually have wood (parquet) floors in the bedrooms and tile or marble floors elsewhere. They also have balconies, my place had three. I havent looked at any new, luxury places in a long time so I cant say whats inside but you can at least see from the roads if they have balconies. In any case, the older ones are also very spacious, no tiny rooms but it really depends the neighborhood. You get good ideas from what you can see offered online.

@wyngrove60   great response thanks. The place you had in Bangsar sound ideal to be frank. Budget is flexible for the right place. What is the name of the building where you stayed?

There are lots of old condos in the Bangsar area, up on the hill. I stayed at Sri Wangsaria Condo on Jalan Ara. It's old but very well maintained. They have smaller apartments of around 1400 sq ft with 2 bedrooms, mine was 1750 sq ft with 3 bedrooms and a maid's room. They also have low storey duplex apartments with gardens. I think if you go and look on some of the online property sites you can see more details and how much they are asking for rent these days.

@wyngrove60   that sounds perfect to be honest, the location too. I prefer the older apartments especially when they are well maintained. I'll need a maids room too yes. Many thanks for ur assistance.

@wyngrove60 I just had a look att he place on the interent and the apartments are ideal dimension-wise. The fiittings and fixtures in some of them need updating but some of the others are ideal.

Great shout, thanks.

Yes, it all depends on the individual landlords and if they have renovated their apartments or not. Some landlords do minimal improvements whereas others completely modernize their apartments. The best is to go and view some units when you are next in KL. As with many condominiums, there are probably one or two agents who probably live in the condo itself and have a good idea about which units are currently available. And of course don't be scared to negotiate the price. With so many newer condo buildings in KL the owners hopefully will be willing to negotiate prices. The great thing about Sri Wangsaria are the facilities which are much better than many other places.

@Renz MC I like the older properties Renz, they have character but they also tend to be larger rooms, taller ceilings, bigger windows (so brighter) and better built. Sometimes they also have a maid room which I would like to have as I will be hiring a maid - would be nice to be able to offer a live-in if she wanted to.

As long as the older apartments have been maintained by the owner I'm fine with them & would pick an older apartment ahead of a new condo.

If you have any older apartments with balconies (and a maid room) - so 2+1 or 3+ 1 bedrooms with at least 2 of the bedrooms having an en-suite I would be interested to receive info.

I can post my email addy here?

No I think you cannot give your contact details here, you'll need to post an ad in classifieds.

Sri Wangsaria does not have high ceilings, but some of the condos further up the hill do have, can't recall the names of those places but there are some really large old apartments towards the top of the hill in Bangsar.

Ive been in some wonderful old condo/apartments over time. Huge. 3000 sq ft! What they must have been were luxury places of the 70s for VIPs. I have no idea who lives in them today but they are still around. The problem is upkeep of the buildings which Malaysia is never known for doing well.

Hi there!

This is Sabrina...***

looking forward for your response...

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Ads should be posted in the Housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sabrina you should put your info in the classifieds section, thats where people would look for places, not in here.

@oneagetrade143 Hi Sabrina.............do you have any photos you can share of the room? What are the dimensions please? Is it a studio or 1 bedroom or bigger?

How much per month?

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct