Hotels in Nairobi

Hi Guys, I am looking to move to Nairobi. I am coming in Oct and dont know where to stay thats safe or anyone to show me around. If there are anyone who can help, please msg me. xxx Aryv.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Aryvisha :)

I hope other members will help you soon!

Regards
Armand

Hello Aryv,pleased to meet you on the Expat.com,I can be of help to you.you can call me on this number +254721805443 Roger,there are plenty of places that are safe to stay it all depends on your pocket.regards Roger

Hi Roger!

Why don't you share them on the forum so that other members can benefit from it?

Regards
Armand

Hi
Welcome to Kenya. I am not a kenyan but I can give you some informations which may be will help you. At first you can rent a serviced appartment for 1 or 2 weeks, until you will find an apartment. Some adresses - Ole Dume road has "Hamptons serviced apartment"  - 1 bedroom is approx 30 000 Kshs per week and "Ole Dume serviced apartment" - 1 bedroom is approx 49 000.00 Kshs per week. Also "Capital serviced apartment" - 1 week is approx 65 000.00 Kshs. I am sure it is possible to find smth more cheaper, but unfortunatly I don't know about it. May be other members will help you.
Regards, Elena

Hi Aryv,
Elena has just mentioned some of the places you can rent in kilimani,I would not want to give you names,because these apartments are subject on availability the only thing I can say,is that we have parklands,westlands,lavington,karen,kilimani,kileleshwa it all depends where one wants to stay.There are those apartments where you can stay for short periods depending on the size of the apartment,while you look for longterm accomodation.Most Rentals taken on longterm basis are cheaper has compared to shorterm.For example a serviced apartment that is fully furnished in westlands e.g 3 bedroom-4 bedroom goes for between 100,000-150,000 depending on the nature of the apartment and the area.In kilimani,it could be more however on a daily rate some apartments in Kilimani go for i.e fully furnished like 1-2 bedroom for 5000 to 6000 shillings a day,where us in other places they range from 8000-10000,it all depends on what you want and the availability.I only provide places when am sure what the client wants,and when I have confirmed the availability of these apartments,as I want to save someone from spending a lot of time and money looking around.
Regards
Roger

Hi Aryvisha

I assumed that you're just coming to visit Kenya and not stay here for more than a month or so. I would suggest you call either Serena Hotels or Sarova Hotels or Heritage Hotels. Since they are present in most of the fab places like Naivasha, Mombasa, Tsavo, Mara etc. They can arrange the whole trip for you including transportation; and THAT is the most safest bet for any tourist rather than any trusting any individual.

Best Wishes

Its true, you can't put your trust in strangers, its cool to know that Serena and Sarova hotels do arrange trips for their clients. But there is an emerging company based in Nairobi-City Scape Ltd- that takes all the burden of trying to figure out where to stay, shop and visit for foreigners. They give you flexibility and they negotiate prices with other local businesses on your behalf. They are worth checking out, I don't know if its alright to post a link here...