How is job market in Dominican Republic ?

I am 51 years old , Diploma in mechanical engieering with good exposure to industrial projects and online sales , presently I stay in India looking for job oppurtunity

How is job market in Dominican Republic

First of all, you must have residency or a work visa to work in the DR. Secondly, you need to be fluent in Spanish to work with most companies and in most positions. Thirdly, the average wage in DR is about $400 USD per month, so you will not make anywhere close to what you make elsewhere, even if you are able to find a job.

This is abit off topic but the average wage per month being $400 usd is very sad for Dominican people because alot of them work very hard and sometimes can still be cheerful about it!   On another thread we were talking about the work ethic and reliability to keep appointments or be on time.  This is very likely a good reason why they are not good at that, low wages.  Even the police, and the reason they sometimes take bribes.  I believe president Abinader has increased the wages of the police, but its still not enough.  I am happy to report however, this year so far I have not been pulled over by  police to check the car ownership and insurance.  Thats a nice change.

@Karin1 Good points, but let's keep this thread on topic! We have the other one on the work culture and an older one discussing wages and the changes in the minimum wage.

To be precise and to the point of your question, it depends.  The job market in the DR depends on where you are looking.  You are a mechanical engineer with experience, I would say the market is very good in the Punta Cana area.  There are many construction projects under way and experienced people are hard to find.  You did not ask about the rules and regulations or the minimum wage.  So, I will not mention that because again, it depends but I will tell you that those numbers mean nothing to the right person.  There are many opportunities in this country for the "right" person.  I will also tell you that the most valuable thing in this country is contacts.  If you have none, good luck.  Start with trying to make some.