Visa question

Hey, I've just had a short trip to Kuching and I liked it and would like to do a longer trip there. As an Australian I was wondering how I go about getting a visa. I understand that I can enter for 90 days visa free?  After the 90 days what do I need to do? Do I have to leave and come back? Do I reapply on entry or do I have to apply from outside?   Can I just keep doing that indefinitely?  Thanks

Hello Sourdough101,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for starting this new thread on the Malaysia forum.

Have you checked with the Malaysian embassy near you in order to gather such information?

I am sure an officer will definitely have the answer to this question.

Here is the link to the official website of the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MALAYSIA  > https://www.kln.gov.my/web/aus_melbourne

While waiting for other members to share their personal experiences with you, I invite you to read the Living in Malaysia guide for expats > Visas for Malaysia1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Have you checked with the Malaysian embassy near you in order to gather such information?
I am sure an officer will definitely have the answer to this question.

Cheryl
Expat.com team
-@Cheryl

Yes it has some info but couldn't see about how to renew or if you can renew indefinitely etc

So nobody knows??

nobody knows!?!

Hi, i am not 100% sure, but i saw some people going to the nearest indonesian border. step out and coming back. it was a way to get 90 more days.