Pets in Cambodia

I wonder if there are any expats especially ones with children who would like to foster our cat and dog for 10 weeks?  I was hoping that on the off chance there would be a family who want pets but not the worry of what to do with them when their contract ends.

My Cambodian wife and I have had pets over many years in Cambodia and to be honest only once have we found Cambodians who look after them properly when we're away. I resolved not to have any more.  However Puss was an abandoned kitten and Doggy was rejected, so what do you do?  Anyway they're both fine pets, good friends and they love children. They've also been fully inoculated. Puss has been speyed. They're both house trained.

So it would be good if we could find a temporary good home for them. We go from 19 March to 10 June. We live Takhmau.

@John Lowrie sorry that I am replying because for now I cannot help you. Here in my home country of the Netherlands I take care of animals that need a vacation home when owners are away. Next year I am planning to relocate to cambodia once I am retired. Then we can meet and I can help. Really hope you will find a good caretaker. Warm regards Olga

Thank you for replying. I am sure that you will be most welcome and able to join the small but growing group of people and NGOs promoting animal welfare.  I have now opted for the E-Retirement visa that makes life here uncomplicated.

Hello John,

You can create an advert in the Cambodia classifieds section> Pets.

Your advert will automatically appear in our weekly newsletter and interested members will contact you.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Thanks for the tip, will do.