Transiting through london(british Airways) from Brussels to india

Hi All,

Good Day !!

We are from India and we are living in Belgium for 5 years. My Kid is 11 yrs old and still has the paper Id as Resident RP.

We booked tickets from British airways to travel to India during July-Aug this year. And came to know British airways does not accept Paper id.

I checked rules for applying electronic ID, but it seems my kid has to be at least 12 years old. What are the other possibilities to travel. Tickets were expensive and I dont want to cancel the tickets. Please share if you have similar experience recently.

Regards,

Ram

we transited through london (LHR) recently to India, with our child.

Our Child still had a valid Schengen D-Visa during our travel, which allows transit through LHR.

But I can tell you that the British Airways agent told us that they donot allow children with Paper-ID's to Board the plane.

So for our next travel, LHR transit is not possible as her Visa will expire soon, and she will only have her Paper-ID from belgium.

The only other option, I can suggest to you is that you write to British embassy nearest to you and ask if the paper-id issued by belgium for children is Valid for transiting LHR.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

You cannot use paper RP. The alternative is to get a transit visa, its simple and straightforward.

Just get a visa.