Moving and logistics

Hello everyone,

I have another question, this time about moving from UK to Malta. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this successfully and how they have managed. In particular - did you leave everything and come over with money to try and start a new life in Malta, or is it wise to keep a property in UK and maybe rent it out while you are gone through an agency, in order to have a way back if things don't work out?

I am worried about the risks and am trying to make a realistic assessment if I can make the move.

Also, perhaps a silly question, but do people move their belongings from one country to another, maybe via an international removals company? I have tried to get a quote on this website but it didn't give "UK" as an option when I searched. I know this must be expensive, but again would be interested to hear peoples' experiences.

I understand that I would need to have a guarantee of a job before I could apply to move, and that maybe this would be for a limited period initially, so I could not guarantee right away if I was able to stay long term.

It all feels quite daunting at this stage, but I am really keen.

Laura

@snakemed

Rental properties here are almost all fully furnished, so no need to bring furniture over to here.