We're interested in applying for the 10 yr LT visa

Hello everyone!

My partner and I are interested in moving to Thailand (Bangkok, Chang Mai, etc.) from the states. We're interested in applying for the 10 yr LT visa. Do you recommend this? This visa will also allow us to apply for a work visa? Is that correct?

I'm interested in finding a position involving gender rights, child rights, and/or anti-human trafficking.

Thanks in advance!

Josie

Hello Josie,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread on the Thailand forum so that you may get some feedback from members.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone!
My partner and I are interested in moving to Thailand (Bangkok, Chang Mai, etc.) from the states. We're interested in applying for the 10 yr LT visa. Do you recommend this? This visa will also allow us to apply for a work visa? Is that correct?

I'm interested in finding a position involving gender rights, child rights, and/or anti-human trafficking.

Thanks in advance!

Josie
-@Josephine Mudjitaba

Don't apply for the O-X (10 year) Long Stay Visa if that's the visa you're talking about. You'll need a mandatory health insurance and you can't apply for a work permit. The other Long Term Visa that's been discussed the last couple of years is meant for investors. We're talking big money.

@Leeds forever!

Josie, the LTR was introduced september last year.  There are four different modalities. One is "wealthu foreigners and one of the others is investors.

Health insurance (coverage $ 50.000) is, in my opinion necessary so not an worthless requirement.

@Leeds forever!
Josie, the LTR was introduced september last year. There are four different modalities. One is "wealthu foreigners and one of the others is investors.
Health insurance (coverage $ 50.000) is, in my opinion necessary so not an worthless requirement.
-@boilsjer

The post you read was about the 10 year O-X Long Stay Visa, not the LTR-Visa. And the mandatory  health insurance for the O-A and O-X must cover ฿3 million since last year.

What health insurance do you guys recommend for this B3M?  Like boilsjer I agree everyone must have insurance be it requried or not.  TIA!

What health insurance do you guys recommend for this B3M? Like boilsjer I agree everyone must have insurance be it requried or not. TIA!
-@Bigrad Wolf

No one needs a ฿3 million health insurance. Period.

@Leeds forever! What do you recommend for health ins?

Or you just prefer to go without

@Leeds forever! I would not be too presumptive to say no one.   You may still be young and in relatively good health but as you mature, you will find out costs can go up suddenly on a bad year.  Do you know global insurance companies usually cover $1M and the premium averages $5K per year?   Yep.  To me that is extreme and hopefully I would not need that (knock on wood) but B3M is quite sensible. 

@Leeds forever! What do you recommend for health ins?
Or you just prefer to go without
-@scbrock

My insurance company is Pacific Cross. It's located in Bangkok.

@Leeds forever! I would not be too presumptive to say no one.  You may still be young and in relatively good health but as you mature, you will find out costs can go up suddenly on a bad year. Do you know global insurance companies usually cover $1M and the premium averages $5K per year?  Yep. To me that is extreme and hopefully I would not need that (knock on wood) but B3M is quite sensible.
-@Bigrad Wolf

Have you ever been in Thailand? Do you know anything about hospitals and costs? No,you don't. I can see that from your posts. I live here since many years. You don't seem to understood how much ฿3 million is. Immigration incl other authorities just wants to benefit Thai insurance companies and O-A and O-X visa holders are paying the price. There's a big difference between an insurance which is forced on you and an insurance you pick yourself after your personal needs. I repeat, no one needs a ฿3 million baht health insurance. One reason is there's no need to visit the most expensive private hospital you can find.

@Leeds forever! You don't need to be brash with you words.   What you meant to say is you need B3M insurance but get it outside.  This is very different than just stating "no B3m period".