Private 4x4 Tour and hot air balloon

Hi,  we are a german couple cruising Tanzania with our german registered Landcruiser first week Feb'23. We try to tackle some challlnging tracks and rewarding  areas in the north, like Usambara Mts and Mt.Meru. Anyone interested in teaming up for a weekend to show  us your favorite, non-touristy spots?

Furthermore we really would like to go on a hot air balloon ride, but would like to avoid the  tourist trips and prices… Any advice?

thx a lot Dani and Ben

Hey German Guy, I think it is great you want to explore the beautiful country of Tanzania and meet some of the friendliest people.

You come from a wealthy country trying to travel for cheap in a developing country. Trying to get a free or cheap price to do anything touristy is exploitation to the people. There are set prices for Balloon rides. Anything outside of that is at the cost of the local people. If you can afford a Land Cruiser, you can afford a balloon ride!

@urthsafari  you have answered perfectly

@GermanGuy You are welcome, If you like I will show up the mentioned destination and a few more. Feel free to write to me at any time.

Antipas