Nursing in Tanzania

I am a nurse in the USA and am looking to move to Tanzania to work as a nurse.  Any advice on jobs, living arrangements, etc..

Hi,

Not sure if you are still looking for advice but thought I would write to you anyways. I am also an American nurse and currently  living just outside of Arusha, Tanzania. I have a good friend that is also a nurse here. I could probably tell you a lot of what you might need to know if you are interested. Just let me know.

Bonnie
[email protected]

Hey,

I'm not a nurse but my partner and I are heading over to Tanzania to install water tanks at a small clinic about 5 hours from Dar es. I'm an aircraft engineer and my partner is in insurance so should be an awesome experience!

Any advice you can give us is appreciated!

Matt.

Hey Matt,

Advice? The thing I would suggest is learn the language of Swahili, even before you come, the Tanzanians appreciate your efforts and it really makes a difference when socializing.You can find some good sources online that teach you for free, just google it.. learning Swahili.  For things to bring... maybe sunblock and snacks. Just a few quick thoughts,
Bonnie