New In Arusha

Hello Guys!

I am originally from Bulgaria and I recently moved to Arusha. My company is based outside of Arusha, like 15 minutes away and I am staying in the complex of the company. I still do not have a car so the transportation is kind of difficult for now but I can manage it in the weekends somehow.

My question is how you have fun here :)

Thanks!

Cheers

Hi Mimka,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Regards,

David.

Thanks David :)

Hello Mimka.
Welcome to Arusha. You can have a lot of fun in Arusha, its only because I dont know your hobby, but at least try to visit 'freedom lodge' in Sakina area for swimming,barbeque, and cool outdoor chilling.
Also check out with Tanzanite game lodge in Usariver where you can see different wild animals.
You can also get to Arusha national park which is a few minutes drive from Arusha city for wild cruising, there you will get to see different types of tropical wild animals.
Also if you will be interested,I have my suzuki swift saloon which I offer for a self drive hire by 300$ per month.
Regards..

Thank you for the information Mbaba!
This sounds cool, I hope to get chance to visit these places shortly.

Regarding your proposal for the car, I should receive a company car soon but I will keep it in mind anyway, thanks.

What about night life, like bars, dancing clubs? Where is good to go?

Cheers
Mariya

Hi Mimka
Hope you are now getting used to life in Arusha.
Well, about nightlife in Arusha, though I'm not very much used to that, but Ive heard about Blue moon night club in 'Njiro' area and Colobus club in 'Kijenge chini' nearby cocacola depot, there you may get to find different expats hanging out.

Other places that I know are much less safe.
For any case of information about Arusha, count on my assistance coz that is my hometown.
Regards..

Thank you Mbaba, I appreaciate your reply!

Cheers
Mimka

Hey Mimka!

Firstly, Karibu Tanzania! :)

I am an expat myself, recently joined a tour company here in Arusha.. I live in the town. Near the Clock Tower. Let us more about you and your job.. :) I am still very much new here.. just 6 months.. haha.. Still getting to know, places and people.. Hoping to meet new people and make good friends along the way.

Hope to hear from you soon.. :)

Cheers,
Nicholas !

Hi Mimka,

KaribuTanzania,

You can also try Club D, its the new one found in the newly opened complex in Moshono area, Players Club and La Fiesta are good ones too found in Njiro - PPF Compound area,

Enjoy,
OleAfrika

Hi Nicholas,

After 6months I guess you are already Masai aka Arushanian hahahaha just kidding,

KaribuSana,
OleAfrika

Im on my way to being a Arushanian soon.. haha
Still learning swahili from peers and office friends.. :P

Cheers
Nicholas!

Nicholas, OleAfrika, thank you very much for the information.
I am up to meet new friends and to hang out together, it sounds cool for me.

Cheers
Mariya

Hey Mariya..

How are doing.. Good to see an open and free person like you.. :)
Hope to get to know you better in time..

Cheers
Nicholas!

:)

Yes, I am still trying to adjust but all is cool, thank you Nicholas :)

:)

Asante Nicholas,

So far I've been quoted $500-800 for both furnished and unfurnished places. For sharing, I'd therefore like to pay half that, no more.

What are the possibilities?

And how do I join the mailing list you referred to?

Cheers,
Ainsley

I think you have been offered decent prices. The adverts that I find are almost priced the same. I did not subscribe for the mailing list. The company email id that I use was subscribed to it. I can forward you the mail id where you can register yourself. :)

Head over to : MiniAdz.com
and subscribe yourself.. :)

Cheers,
Nicholas !

Thanks a lot, Nicholas.

Best,
Ainsley

All the best Ainsley.. :)

Cheers,
N.

Hi Ainsley,

Karibu Arusha, have you manage to find a place?

Regards,
OleAfrika

Thanks a lot, Ole; yes, I did. Now it's on to enjoying daily life in Arusha!

All the best,
Ainsley

Hey Ainsley,

Whenever you are free.. drop a message. +255 685 607 901.
Would love to meet new people.. :)
We have a small group (all expats and some locals)

Cheers,
N.