Sports in Tanzania

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Tanzania?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Tanzania?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Sorry, I find sports incredibly boring. Watching is worst but as regards playing I am just not competitive.  I far prefer athletics or any activity where you increase your fitness and flexibility without all that macho competitive bullshit.

In Dar there are many fitness places and best of all a number of dance schools.  Nothing beats learning to dance for me - tango classes and salsa classes with vibrant music that makes me just have to move. While I am getting fitter I am also developing my skills. 

I have lately started Pilates.  It is not a sport and it is far better for the body.  The chances of doing oneself harm or injury are much less than for sports generally.  I am always amused to see sports men and women limping or with bandaged wrists, etc., -  tough guys!

The popular sport in Tanzania is soccer, there many local soccer clubs ,along with the national team called Taiffa stars.

Regarding me , I like cricket the most and I guess I am good at it, I do normally practice on weekends