Partner applying to verification against EU law

Hi,

I was checking the application form of Verification Against EU law and I came across a confusing problem. On the section "Situation: application starts when foreign national is still abroad", it says to collect fingerprints, foreign national should go to IND after arriving in the Netherlands.

Does this mean if my spouse applies for me in the Netherlands, I should still get visa and go to the Netherlands to collect my residence permit?

My facilitation visa got rejected and embassy is still working on it. So, if I still need to get visa even with approval from the verification against EU law, then I do not want to wait for the result for 3-6 months.

Does anyone have any idea about this process?

@arzubruhn hi, I'm also having the same issue. Nonetheless, was told that to apply for verification against EU law, I have to be physically in NL.

So first is to apply for Facilitation Visa. I'm kind of nervous about it, what caused your denial?

Thank you.

@nejibmarieme Hey,

I think partners in the Netherlands can start the application, but visa is required to go. My spouse will call IND tomorrow to ask whether I receive a sticker to travel to the Netherlands or I should get visa.

Well, I believe there was a misconception with my visa refusal. Because reasons were: "no justification of purpose of travel and doubts to leave the Schengen territory". As you see, reasons don't align with the facilitation visa. I called the Dutch embassy and they are working on it. I heard from other applicants that it should be easy to get this visa. Good luck to you!

We had the same problem, my husbands's facilitation visa got rejected then we asked what we could to the embassy. They said he has to be in the netherlands to apply for verification against eu law.

@sevimhasanova Thank you for your response. May I ask why he got rejection? And what did you do after? Did you apply again or objected to decision?

@arzubruhn the reason was that justification and purpose for stay was not clear. We also thought that there was a mistake and people at vfs did something wrong with the application, but seeing so many people get rejections im not so sure anymore. My husband also has a bulgarian residency card stating he is a family member of eu so he traveled with it eventually.

Hi my girlfriend is abroad and i am planning to apply for her online(Verification Against EU law). Can i apply online when she is there? Does she have to be here?

Hi my girlfriend is abroad and i am planning to apply for her online(Verification Against EU law). Can i apply online when she is there? Does she have to be here?
-@metehanmutlu

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Your forum information tells me that you're a Turkish citizen, so not an EU citizen, so the verification against EU law is not applicable to you.

There are however other family type residency permits, this link will take you to the IND website where you can read about it and begin your application.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic

Hi i have dual citizenship(bulgarian and turkish), i am ethnically turkish i chose to use that in that sense. I am using my bulgarian passport here. Anyways i changed it to bulgarian:) So does she need to be here?

@Cynic
Hi i have dual citizenship(bulgarian and turkish), i am ethnically turkish i chose to use that in that sense. I am using my bulgarian passport here. Anyways i changed it to bulgarian:) So does she need to be here?
-@metehanmutlu

Hi again.

Then you need to follow the process described on the Dutch Government website; this link will take you straight to it.  The answer to your original question is in the "How to apply for verification against EU law" section; my understanding is that she applies for a Schengen Visa (unless exempt) and travels to the Netherlands, then registers at the Gemeente, gets her BSN, then applies for verification etc online using her DigiD account.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hello, I'm Iranian and my fiance is Dutch, I got a short stay visa for Netherlands, is my fiance allowed to apply for verification against EU law once I'm physically there? Mind you our relationship is long distance, we met once but we will meet again soon.

@Seysey1 Your fiancé is Dutch, not an EU-nationality foreigner. So no you cannot apply for this process, there are separate processes for Dutch nationals and their foreign partners.