Rent a flat or a house in Malta

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Malta. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Malta.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in Malta?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Malta?

How to find a home in Malta: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Dear Kristine,

Below are my answers,

I am a foreign studend, so I'd prefer to choose one bed room flat.

Not easy to find flat in Malta.

Yes, I used classifieds, and sometimes when I go for walking and I will see some adverts put out of some building, them I will call them to ask. And the other way, you find use agency, if you are student, they might give you good offer for agent charge. But when I tried, I thought not worth to do it.

My apartment is 250 Euro, but before I lived 350 Euro as a month.

If a nice house, you need agreement with owner, you need pay depostit as I did before.

What kind of type of advice? For me, I recommand if you are short term live here, do not change house often, because you might not get good price. And before you decide, please have a look the water of tap, some old house, the water is brown, even you don't to drink but wishing white cloth, cooking, take a shower it's not good.

I am here to hear other people's comments.

Thank you.

Jenny

Hi jenny and thanks for your contribution.

Harmonie.:)