Where to find property IMB

I need to find out if my property hasIMB. How do I do that. Who do I ask. Notary??

Your profile says you're Australian.

Before contacting any officials, make sure you're legally entitled to own the property.

Most Australians aren't.

if there is a building above that land u own. there must be an IMB . if lost, need to pay again for re issue

@michellemoss99 you can go to PU office and they should have a record since they're the one who issued it.

@dogasus not necessarily. Lots of houses were built without permits. That's the problem.

@Fred technically, foreigners are not allowed to own properties in indonesia but there are ways that are used to go around it hence the reason why lots of foreigners own properties in Bali.

"@Fred technically, foreigners are not allowed to own properties in indonesia but there are ways that are used to go around it hence the reason why lots of foreigners own properties in Bali."

Sure!  Until you go to court!  1f604.svg

hi everyone,

does anyone know how the price of IMB is calculated? Any experience with issuing a late IMB? meaning the house is standing but no IMB yet. Thank you

House owned by Indonesian

@Nicole694 its based on a lot of things including lot size (they charge certain amount per square meter) and size of building (if it multi story,they will add the area of all floors) etc, Youcan ask PU office for more details.

here is an old thread so bear in mind that costs have gone up. I'm finding out that the whole process takes as long as 3-6 months. I also learn that a new process just got imposed and it is even more convoluted!

[link moderated]

@Fred technically, foreigners are not allowed to own properties in indonesia but there are ways that are used to go around it hence the reason why lots of foreigners own properties in Bali.

-@CH889

True, but they all carry the risk of the expat losing  every penny.

Basically, they are all schemes, and there's a schemer behind every one.

Expats owning property legally is limited, and going around the law is silly.

Imagine the nominee owner scheme for your expensive villa but the nominee sells the place from under you when you pop back to your home country.

You can't go to court to claim illegal ownership so, in the words of Aristotle, you're up the creek without a paddle.

Worse if you took out a loan because you still have to pay it back.

However, there are plenty of bent agents and foolish buyers, so this post won't help much.

@CH889 thank you so much, appreciate the reply. I will go anch check at the office and hopefully find out all the right answers.

@CH889 thank you so much, appreciate the reply. I will go anch check at the office and hopefully find out all the right answers.

-@Nicole694

Make sure you are legally entitled to own the land before you go to any office.

Your profile says you are a foreigner. Most foreigners cannot legally own land in indonesia.

@Fred thank you, I'm aware of that and I will check carefully.

Simple version:

• If your spouse is Indonesian, make sure it's in his or her name.
  • If you have it under a PT PMA, should be fine

If a foreigner owns land in any other form, including nomineee schemes, check very carefully before applying for anything because it might well be illegal.

If it is, you could lose every penny you spent with zero chance of any compensation.

I often see estate agents advertising land in expat publications, but most are plain illegal, or use very dodgy nominee scheme.

Be aware these nasty little scams can look legal.

The book is everything - If you have that, you are safe from dodgy sods selling the place out from under you.

However, if the land is leased (Hak Pakai), there are no such issues.

https://jdih.kemenkeu.go.id/fulltext/19 … k%20milik.

Article 21.
(1) Only Indonesian citizens can have property rights.
(2) The Government sets the legal entities that can have property rights and the conditions.
(3) Foreigners who after the enactment of this Law obtain property rights due to inheritance without a will or mixing of assets due to marriage, as well as Indonesian citizens who have property rights and after the enactment of this Law lose their citizenship are obliged to relinquish those rights within a period of time. one year after the acquisition of said right or loss of citizenship. If after this period of time the property right is released, then the right is extinguished by law and the land falls to the State, provided that the rights of other parties encumbering it continue.
(4) As long as a person has foreign citizenship in addition to his Indonesian citizenship, then he cannot own land with ownership rights and the provisions in paragraph (3) of this article apply to him.

If it's a dangerous nominee sheme where the 'nominee' keeps the book, you are a bit stuck as they can sell the place and there's nothing you can do to stop them.