Rental apts for bachelors

Hi i have got job in kuwait and will be moving to kuwait in October 2023 and thereby wanted to know whether it's easy to get rental apts within kd 150 or more furnished or unfurnished for single expats. I read some news that bachelors don't get rental apts easily

Hello vir1210,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Do you have a preferred area in mind for your future residence? For instance, would you prefer to live closer to your workplace?

Alternatively, are you open to living in any area, and location does not matter?

I read some news that bachelors don't get rental apts easily

I hope someone can provide more insights on this. Were there any specific reasons mentioned in the news about the difficulties bachelors encounter when searching for rental apartments?

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Let us know what city you will be working in and whether you will have a car or not.  Do you want to be within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance of your work or 5 to 10 minutes taxi drive is ok?

In most cities you will find apartments for bachelor's but there are a few cities where there are very few buildings who will rent to bachelor's. In Salmiya and Hawalli you will find many places who will rent to bachelor's.

Thanks for replying#currently I am open for any location. The news was published in arab times somewhere in the beginning of june and hence was concerned about the same

I will be getting a car from the company after I apply and get the international driving licence in kuwait. As I earlier mentioned I am ok with any location

Don't say any location...... because drivers licenses are not easy to get here. And taxi rates to and from work can range from 2 kd per day to 12 kd per day. The closer you live to work the more likely your taxi rate will be 2 kd per day.

Ask your HR manager how long it will take them to issue you a drivers license. I think an international drivers license is only accepted when you are on a visit visa. Once that visa turns into a work visa police will no longer accept the international drivers license. And as far as I know the international drivers license has to be issued in your country and not in Kuwait.

You need to discuss with your HR manager where you work will be and ask him/her if they can really get you a drivers license. The rules have become more strict over the last 2 years regarding drivers licenses. I believe a minimum salary is required and a certain title on your work permit is required. For example if your work permit says Store clerk they might not allow you to get a license. If it says Site Engineer then they more likely will allow you a license.

@vir1210

You want to live close to work to avoid getting stuck in traffic every day.

not all apartments will rent to bachelors, and even those that do, families can complain if said bachelor is loud, boisterous etc. so best to find apartments that specifically say bachelors welcome.

either that or get yourself a wife :P

What is the rule in Kuwait to leave the room, leaving with other bachelor...

I mean how many days before I need to give notice to others,that I m leaving this room.

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks

Hello All,

I'm new in Kuwait, my employer has provided 1 month accomodation on my arrival. After a month, i moved to stay in with my friends apartment. As the lease Contract is on his name.

During this period, my mandhup has applied for Civil id online with my friends lease contract, the processing took 10 days after that it got declined saying "Lease Contract is not on my name" or if I'm residing with any individual, i need to take the signature of landlord and its civil id on the residency declaration form.

However when we tried to ask the harris, he declined and said, landlord will not sign on that declaration document.

Pls help me how i can get the said document or any rental agreement on my name for civil id purposes.

Appreciate your swift response.

Thanks

Mohammed