Election Day in Kenya

I'd be interested to hear the views of any Kenyans on how things are developing.
Hoping everything works out peacefully.

@El_Jost hello everything is moving on well in Kenya.Personally I woke up very early in the morning to cast my vote which was successful. Tallying is about to begin and everyone is waiting for the outcome but generally we are peaceful.

what the exit poll survey says
@El_Jost things are looking hopeful, the day of the vote was very calm and ordered, there was a low turn out.
The News channels are reporting the results as they receive them from the voting booths, and since there is a heavy presence of IEBC and other independent observers, there doesn't seem to any any significant suggestions of foul play by any of the parties. We will know by morning and hope there will be a smooth transition of government this time.
I was surprised to see in a video report from RT (Russia Today) that there is still a risk of terrorist attacks from Somalia by Al-Shabaab. Let's hope it doesn't come to anything. Or maybe RT is just trying to stir up rumours.
Just heard on the early evening version of the Swiss TV news that William Ruto is the winner of the presidential election.

On the BBC World News this evening it is reported that Mr Raila Odinga is contesting the election results. It will be interesting what comes of that.
Chance will have it that occasionally I had spoken with his father Oginga Odinga. At the time he was under house arrest in Kisumu after publicly exchanging words with President Kenyata after a rally in the town. I had not long arrived in Kisumu, working for the EA Railways & Harbours at the port there. Having bought a new pair of walking boots I was sort of walking them in early mornings before going to work and that entailed running down the hill to the shoreline and then back up to my house. Several times I noticed an oldish man (I was around 25 at the time) working in the garden of the house where he stayed. Thinking he may well speak English I called out to him one morning commenting on his pottering around the garden so early in the morning. He looked up and was pleased to chat with me for a while before one of the police askaris became unsettled and I had to move on. In the offices where I worked I enquired about this man in the garden who I was occasionally chatting with and learned from them that he was the politician who had recently fallen out of favour.

Interesting. You crossed paths with one of the people who had a major impact on the trajectory of Kenya politics and whose son is still a major player in Kenya political scene.

@El_Jost

hello,

things not that well because business is down let see when things start becoming good we pray

@El_Jost its peaceful. Nobody rioted or looted. Smooth transition. Just the economy is still expensive. Just that

@owuorsimon3

Elections happened in Kenya as they always have, under a cloud of corruption and another regime to steal money, aid and sell the forest to the Chinese and borrow more money

Kindly in our county we have such issue.mostly from our leaders that we elect