Life in Kilifi (everyday life, living costs...)

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Kilifi soon from France. Would you mind telling me how life is over there? I suppose it's not as dynamic as the big cities but I've heard it's lovely. I'd like a few more details: is it safe?  Is it easy to live there without having to go frequently to bigger cities nearby for groceries/entertainment? Is a salary around 3000 pounds sterling a decent one there?

Thank you for your kind help,

Welcome to the forum  :)

Try www.numbeo.com for living costs. This site will also give you information on safety too.
You can also contact your Embassy for up to date information about safety.

Thanks  :):)

Hi there,
I lived there for sometime, its a lovely homely place. the beaches are clean and huge, there is one supermarket and an open air market where you can get your vegetables. for entertainment there are a few restaurants that are decent enough to have a meal and few night clubs(though not as much as the other coastal towns)
its actually a really cheap place especially in terms of housing and you will enjoy it.  The crowd is also relatively young due to the several institutes located in the area.

All the best dear, youl love it there

Thank you very much for your reply. It's not very easy to get details on Kilifi specifically so I really appreciate.

Warm regards,

Maureen

The place is great, and compared to the bigger cities its lovely if you love nature...beach! Its also not too far from Malindi and its around 2 hrs to Mombasa.

Its a great place and yes, your salary scale is enough as the place is cheap compared to "the bigger cities" like you called them.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Hi,
I have just  one upon your posts, so I am interested to know how things have turned out for you ?
Hopefully i will soon be spending alot more time in Kenya some if which will be on the coast.
Regards gasman.

Dear madam
How are you? Most welcome to Kilifi . Your choice is one of te best place to live in Kenya . Kilifi is such a nice tourist destination very conducive climate and  welcoming people. The grocercer are available. Apartments .Villas  are many along the beaches
I personally live in kilifi  if you wont mind you can reach me through my email
Looking forward to.hear more from.you

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct