Entry requirements

Hey there folks..newby here.
Im coming to Thailand in a few months, for a few months.  Contemplating an eventual retirement visa, but just sniffing around at the moment.
My question pertains to the current entry requirements.
I am wondering if they are  enforcing the current  covid regulations  at the border?.
I am unvaccinated, (health reasons..not here for a political debate) . I see that I can enter the Kingdom if i present with a  negative Rats test taken  max 72 hrs before, "or"  ((and i quote))    ""The unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers without a negative test result within 72 hours of travel are required to follow the public health instructions and guidelines as deemed appropriate by the Health Control officer at the point of arrival. All expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the travellers.""

Does anyone have any experience of the above, or know what it means?. I may struggle to obtain a Rats test before leaving Australia, as I will be bush right up to my departure date.
Im just wondering if this other option is a possibility/ reality...or, potentially going to be a cluster....

any ideas or thoughts much appreciated.
Cheers.
You'll find answers to all of your question at the Thai e-Visa Official Website.

A recent (now slightly outdated) thread, here (which wandered off into slightly political theme). No longer a need for Insurance nor for vaccination certificate.
If you arrive without a negative test result, you may be required to undergo the test (depending on whether you have been randomly selected). That being said, there is the possibility that your airline carrier might insist on either a RAT or a PCR negative test result.

Please let us know how you fare.
Hey there folks..newby here.
Im coming to Thailand in a few months, for a few months.  Contemplating an eventual retirement visa, but just sniffing around at the moment.
My question pertains to the current entry requirements.
I am wondering if they are  enforcing the current  covid regulations  at the border?.
I am unvaccinated, (health reasons..not here for a political debate) . I see that I can enter the Kingdom if i present with a  negative Rats test taken  max 72 hrs before, "or"  ((and i quote))    ""The unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers without a negative test result within 72 hours of travel are required to follow the public health instructions and guidelines as deemed appropriate by the Health Control officer at the point of arrival. All expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the travellers.""

Does anyone have any experience of the above, or know what it means?. I may struggle to obtain a Rats test before leaving Australia, as I will be bush right up to my departure date.
Im just wondering if this other option is a possibility/ reality...or, potentially going to be a cluster....

any ideas or thoughts much appreciated.
Cheers.
- @dlmacrae

You will almost certainly be tested at the airport on arrival. So,just hope you're not infected. But you have to pick an airline that doesn't require a vaccination certificate or a negative PCR test.There are always the probability there will be some problems along the way.

You will almost certainly be tested at the airport on arrival. So,just hope you're not infected. But you have to pick an airline that doesn't require a vaccination certificate or a negative PCR test.There are always the probability there will be some problems along the way.
- @Leeds forever!

Just edited my response to include that caveat about the airlines,
I see you beat me to it
:)
Any airline is required to check either the vaccination or the test result before check-in and boarding, no way to escape it with the actual rules.
Probably you can make a test in a center or clinic or sometimes pharmacies nearby your airport just the day before or the same day of departure cause takes 20 minutes, no more.
You can follow up the rules that could change in the near or far future, before you arrive.
This is a link:

Any airline is required to check either the vaccination or the test result before check-in and boarding, no way to escape it with the actual rules.

Probably you can make a test in a center or clinic or sometimes pharmacies nearby your airport just the day before or the same day of departure cause takes 20 minutes, no more.
You can follow up the rules that could change in the near or far future, before you arrive.
This is a link:
- @Maxi Mari

Well, I recently flew on United and Frontier and neither asked for covid vax record or test result and neither airlines required wearing a mask. They seem to be slowly easing the requirements

This is a link:
- @Maxi Mari

Well, I recently flew on United and Frontier and neither asked for covid vax record or test result and neither airlines required wearing a mask. They seem to be slowly easing the requirements
- @scbrock

I think the destination is important when it comes to checking if passengers are fully vaccinated or having a negative test result.

This is a link:
- @Maxi Mari

- @scbrock

I think the destination is important when it comes to checking if passengers are fully vaccinated or having a negative test result. 
- @Leeds forever!

I was also confused when I came to Thailand on the timing of the test. Some airlines told me that I needed to have the "results" within the 72 hour window. Others told me that the sample had to be collected within the 72 hour window. At that time it had to be the PCR test, not the RAT test. I paid the extra money to get my results within 24 hours. I suggest trying to do that if you can. That way there is no question and you won't get held up by an airline's erroneous interpretation of the rules at the gate.

It certainly doesn't hurt to check with the airlines.

I am coming back to Thailand from the states in about a week and
am flying United then ANA. I called ANA and they don't need a
Covid test result to transit through Narita airport but the airlines require
to wear a mask for the flight. Ugh
I moved to Thailand while the restrictions were very stringent. I traveled on a type O visa. There were only 3 or 4 airlines available and I had to book a flight that is only meant for Thai nationals and/or family members. I have a Thai wife. I had to deal with the VISA, PCR test, flight physical, booking of the quarantine hotel, booking of the flight, etc. The logistics and timing was a nightmare.

I live up in the Loei area. Do you know where you will be settling in?

During the global COVID-19 pandemic, measures have been enforced to prevent and control COVID-19 from spreading in Thailand. This includes measures to keep an influx of visitors to Thailand in check.

After two years of dealing with Covid and extensive travel restrictions, international travel is finally returning to normal on the 1st of July, 2022.
From July 1st, the following changes have been implemented for all international travellers.

Foreigners do not need to show proof of Covid Insurance.
All mandatory hotel quarantine has been removed.
Thailand Pass is no longer required for foreign travellers to enter Thailand.
Vaccinated travellers do not need to provide proof of vaccination before arriving.
Unvaccinated travellers (including children traveling with unvaccinated parents) will need to complete an RT-PCR or Professional Antigen Test (Pro-ATK) 72 hours before departing for Thailand. Proof does not need to be uploaded before traveling.
Airlines and Thai Immigration will do random checks to confirm travellers meet Covid prevention requirements (vaccination or Covid test).
I can tell you I arrived at Bangkok just yesterday and going through immigration
they did not ask to see Covid test or vax but I've been here before as they saw my
re-entry stamp and maybe figured I was covered.

I don't really know but they seem far more lax than I expected.
One thing she pointed out to me was my extension stamp said Chiang Rai
Immigration for some reason. I had an agency do it. I've never been to
Chiang Rai and she said since I had it done in Phuket and was going to
Phuket that's what it should have said.

She said she would let it go this time but not next time.

I would certainly bring all the documentation you would expect they would
ask for just to be covered and avoid any 11th hour mishaps
I can tell you I arrived at Bangkok just yesterday and going through immigration
they did not ask to see Covid test or vax but I've been here before as they saw my
re-entry stamp and maybe figured I was covered.

I don't really know but they seem far more lax than I expected.
One thing she pointed out to me was my extension stamp said Chiang Rai
Immigration for some reason. I had an agency do it. I've never been to
Chiang Rai and she said since I had it done in Phuket and was going to
Phuket that's what it should have said.

She said she would let it go this time but not next time.

I would certainly bring all the documentation you would expect they would
ask for just to be covered and avoid any 11th hour mishaps
- @scbrock

When using an agent,you shall use one with connections at the local immigration office in the province where you're living. Your agent has obviously no connections in Phuket immigration what so ever,that's why he used immigration in Chiang Rai. This also means that you can't extend your stay yourself at Phuket immigration or doing 90 days reports unless you submit a TM30 to pretend you're moving to Phuket from Chiang Rai. When it's time for next extension, change agent and make sure he/she submits your application in Phuket.
When using an agent,you shall use one with connections at the local immigration office in the province where you're living. Your agent has obviously no connections in Phuket immigration what so ever,that's why he used immigration in Chiang Rai. This also means that you can't extend your stay yourself at Phuket immigration or doing 90 days reports unless you submit a TM30 to pretend you're moving to Phuket from Chiang Rai. When it's time for next extension, change agent and make sure he/she submits your application in Phuket.
- @Leeds forever!

They told me they went to the immigration at Phuket town. Not really sure of all the details.
It would suck to have to go to Chiang Rai for 90 day check-ins. I'll talk to them and try to see
what happened or straighten it out somehow. I have a friend that used them I'll see what
he did.

Thanks for the heads up
- @Leeds forever!

They told me they went to the immigration at Phuket town. Not really sure of all the details.
It would suck to have to go to Chiang Rai for 90 day check-ins. I'll talk to them and try to see
what happened or straighten it out somehow. I have a friend that used them I'll see what
he did.

Thanks for the heads up
- @scbrock

If they went to Phuket immigration,you wouldn't have a Chiang Rai immigration extension stamp in your passport. There's no way to change the stamp. Done is done. If you haven't done a TM30 before,now it's time to do it.
If they went to Phuket immigration, you wouldn't have a Chiang Rai immigration extension stamp in your passport. There's no way to change the stamp. Done is done. If you haven't done a TM30 before, now it's time to do it.

I just talked to my friend that used the same agent as I did and he says he does the
90 day check-in through a different agent. 300Baht.
He said she helped him with the retirement visa. They did the money transfer
for him. I know there was a long thread on this topic.
So,your friend pays 300 baht for something that's free? That's 1,200 baht a year. Do the same,but it only shows you're a moron. Don't you know that the TM30 report is free or are you afraid of stepping inside immigration?
You don't have to be an ass you can just show your usual arrogance by
simply answering the statement. Besides the fact I never said specifically
what I was going to do.