Length of stay outside of Brazil

As a permanent residency card holder in Brazil, what are the rules regarding lengthy stays outside of Brazil?
2 years max ( depending on if you have an expiration date on the RNE). Departure and entry days count.
Hi Tex. I am a permanent resident with no expiration date, does the 2 year rule apply to me? I have never been able to confirm this.
@Sharky114, yes it does. If you are outside of Brazil for over 2 years the PR expires.
The RNE on most does say permanent but, it really means you do not need to renew.
It is on your application that was approved.
@Texanbrazil
Hi All. Staying on the topic. I have been outside brazil for more than 2 years and a half and my rne expires in 2028. What happens to us when we return. We were granted the rne because of child birth in brazil. Reason for not being able to return was mostly covid related family losses and other issues that arose because of covid.
@Globalwanderer99,
Well, you have a Brazilian family and seem to have a good reason, just be upfront with the PF. Delegado (Agent in charge) of the senior migration agent may be able to help. You could also email a Consulate/Embassy for information.
Hi Tex. I am a permanent resident with no expiration date, does the 2 year rule apply to me? I have never been able to confirm this.
- @Sharky114

Yes, the two-year rule does apply to you, just as it does to me with the same visa you have, just a non-expiring reunião familiar version.

There was a short period of time during Covid that the PF did not count as part of that two years. So, you could be out over two years if you are able to include that amount of time and use Covid as your reasoning. However, if your amount of time out of the country is longer than the two years plus the non-qualifying Covid time, then sadly, I doubt the PF will see it that way and you may have to start the visa process over. In agreeing with Texanbrazil, be upfront, honest, and ask the right questions without offering up any additional information. I too have found my US Consulate in SF to be very helpful.
Thank you @texanbrazil for your quick reply.
My next question would be , what could possibly happen at the airport once i get back in brazil by december
I have permanent residency so if for example you are getting close to the 2 year date. Could you come to Brazil for a week then will the 2 year be restarted. I  have to travel outside of Brazil and sometimes for business get stuck for years. I still want to keep my permanent status. What if you are separated from the Brazilian where you were able to get your permanent residency. We weren't marry it was under the Union I forgot what it called. Thanks
Thank you @texanbrazil for your quick reply.
My next question would be , what could possibly happen at the airport once i get back in brazil by december
- @Globalwanderer99

Early in 2017, I was privileged to see the back offices of GRU for 2 days, I did see those with Brazilian families granted entrance and given 60 days to renew an expired PR. This was a short time after the immigration laws were modified.
As mentioned having a Brazilian family should help. Just be honest and in my opinion, you should be fine. GRU may ask you to go to the PF office where you picked up your PR to renew.
All said many airports are different, but agents do have the latitude to waive issues.