Unable to read messages on my iPhone

When I click "Read the full message" the full message opens but in about 2 seconds a a spam insurance ad ("Are you looking for expat heath insurance....") pops up . When I close it I'm back to "Read the full message". I can only read the full message one sentence at a time. It takes a while to read the longer messages!
I have had similar problems to you with the spam insurance ad and I am noticing now that when entering this forum using my iphone or PC, I no longer have the notification of new messages showing when there are any.
@Cherryann01 said: I no longer have the notification of new messages showing when there are any
I'm having same problem with PC not showing when there are new messages. My work-a-round is to click on any message then message notifications work normally.
This is a very peculiar issue some of you seem to be having.

Might I ask what browser you gents are using on PC ?

I am using Chrome.  seems absolutely fine for my experience; no apparent issues with Ads that interfere with my daily visits to the forum to interact with y'all. . .
Some interesting observations here. I use an Apple desktop in my office to access this site most of the time but also on occasions my Apple iPhone if I'm out and about. Both are formatted differently. My default browser is Safari which being 'native' to the Apple eco system tends to work better.

Don't forget that this site monetises itself through eyeball traffic for its advertising revenue. I would be very surprised if any of the ads are spam. Note also that when you go to the Forum Post topic menu the post timings are more recent than when they were actually posted which results in more click bait traffic  = more revenue. 1f60e.svg1f4b0.svg
I am using Safari also - no problems. I rarely view the site on my Android phone but will try it. Okay, tried that, using Firefox, got the pop up ad but closed from upper right and then good to go.
@Lotus Eater

Exactly. I could not have explained it any better myself.

This site depends heavily on re-visiting traffic  The ads are most visible on the forums where the Admin knows that this is the leading subset of pages that generates said traffic more so than on any other set of pages.   
I'm not using a browser, only Outlook and the popups just keep coming, I can't read or reply to messages. I did find a workaround, if I use the online Outlook instead of the app I don't get never ending stream of popups.
On my desktop I use Firefox, Duck Duck Go, and AdBlock. . . . so I don't see all those annoying popups.
I have no problems on my laptop, no popups. This issue is only on my phone and seems to be only when I'm using the Outlook app. Many things in the Philippines seem to be geared towards smart phones so I'm using my phone more and more.

To check which Lazada item is being delivered today on my laptop is a chore. I have to log in, sometimes using a OTP sent via email or text. After I'm logged in I chick my name, click My Orders, click To Receive, select an older order and click Shipped and if that is not the one being delivered today the back arrow takes me to square 1 and I have to do it all over again.

On my phone I'm always logged in and I just click Account and To Receive and the entire list of my orders appears with the shipping status is a box above each order. Where I live orders take a week to 10 days to arrive so I sometimes have 20 or more orders to sort through. My wife has her own money and likes to order things plus we have a baby we're adopting and he needs lots of things that are only available on Lazada or Shopee.
When I click "Read the full message" the full message opens but in about 2 seconds a a spam insurance ad ("Are you looking for expat heath insurance....") pops up . When I close it I'm back to "Read the full message". I can only read the full message one sentence at a time. It takes a while to read the longer messages!
- @Moon Dog
That has happened to me too on my Android phone. I use Chrome.

I found a way to close the pop-up by accident.  Tap on the upper right corner of the picture (I think it's a picture of a family) on the pop-up, and the pop-up will close.

Yes likewise.

There is a fine balance to be struck with any medium that relies on advertising revenue.
You can have 'too much of a good thing'.
Economists use the term 'the law of diminishing returns' - the more you have the less utility (benefit) you get.
Print + TV advertising has lost massive market share over the years to online BUT is still more powerful in terms of impact and credibility.
Even though I used to work (many years ago) for an international advertising agency I detest most advertisements. Press advertising I can live with because it does not flash or move about in an irritating way.
Here in the UK I watch Freeview television (the main free to air broadcasting platform) only and record movies/documentaries on my hard disk drive and will then fast forward through the commercial breaks: Its probably my most valuable piece of electronic equipment. I stopped listening to UK commercial radio years ago and now listen to high quality commercial free internet radio via a Hi-Fi internet radio tuner.
I use Facebook less now because of increased advertising traffic.
My message would be to any organisation that relies on adverising for revenue is 'less is more' Otherwise you might end up throwing the proverbial 'baby out with the bathwater'..
@FilAmericanMom
I tried it on my iPhone but didn't work for me. The problem seems to occur only with the Outlook app. I'm replying using Outlook Web Access and no problems. Thanks

@Moon Dog Hi, look at the top right hand corner of the advert you will see a cross, click on it and a delete this advert sign will pop up.

@ibusan1046 I do see the X now but only when I pull down the page because it is behind a header. When I let it go it returns behind the header so it is not accessible. Maybe there is some setting in Outlook that gets rid of the header but while clicking on stuff I found that if I select the 3 dots at the bottom and click on "Open in browser" it reopens the message on a very nice page that has no popups. Thanks.

@Lotus Eater We use YouTube a lot for karaoke. A few of the channels have a lot of advertising and I've even had an ad break into the middle of a song. It's interesting that the ones I've encountered with too much advertising also have comments disabled. I was going to leave messages to boycott the products that advertise too much but they have those bases covered already.

@Moon Dog you are welcome