Looking for grocery stores in riyadh

Hi All,

I am planning to move to riyadh for a year and was wondering how the grocery stores are in the compounds. For eg - do they sell western products, alcohol or pork? Can you give me some names of grocery stores that are in compounds that one could shop at ? Thank you so much

hi there
first of all we are pleased to have you here
for the grocery in the compounds it have most of the things that you need and lulu market, Carrefour are available  out of the compounds have the most of the western Indian , Asian food  .
for alcohol or pork ( are forbidden in here so careful not to bring any with you )
please visit the following  link
Saudi Arabia - Prohibited and Restricted Imports

Thank you so much for the welcome. Noted, I will be careful to not bring anything in.
Are there lulu and carrefours within the compounds or would I have to leave in order to get the groceries?

your most welcome
lulu and Carrefour and other big hypermarket are located outside the compounds.
inside the compounds have small grocery store that can provide you with the necessary needs,
some grocery store inside that compounds a little bit expensive than outside that wall,
for the hypermarkets most of the week have different discounts on deferent products.
So, the monthly plan could be like going to the hyper two time or one time in month for your grocery,
And the small ones on the compounds can be for one stuff or two that maybe you forget to bring

alcohol is possible but pork is not possible in whole Saudi Arabia because this meat is haram in Islam so you can't find this item in Islamic countries.