New members of the Tanzania forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tanzania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tanzania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, my name is Maura.
I‘m 20 years old and living in Germany.
I'm planning to move to Zanzibar because i fell in love with the culture the nature and the people there. I lived in zanzibar for three months while working as a volunteer. After that i visited zanzibar two times and i‘m not really happy in Germany anymore.
Six months ago i had to decide if i wanted to listen to my rational voice and start university or if i follow my heart, move to zanzibar and start something new there. I did not follow my heart but started university. I really tried to do it but my heart is in zanzibar and i can't continue like this. I don't want to live an unhappy life only being 20 years old.
I quit university, i‘m working really hard right now to safe some money and i‘m planning to go there around June 2022.
One good thing is that i know a lot of locals already so not everything will be new, i lived lived with them and i really enjoyed everything.
My only problem is that i need a job there…
That is why i‘m looking for a Job in Zanzibar right now.
I have a two year experience in being a waiter and a bartender. I also worked as a personal trainer. I‘m a very open person, i speak very good englisch and i like to be around people. I‘m also very motivated to learn new things.

If anyone here thinks that there are possibilities for me to get a job somewhere in zanzibar i would be very very thankful!

Thank you for the opportunity to share my situation.

Greetings everyone!

I am an American planning to move to Zanzibar next month and would like to have a smooth transition. Any guidance? Thank you all for your time!

Best, Eli

Congratulations Maura, on following your heart! I am in a similar situation and will be heading to Zanzibar soon! Let me know how your transition is going?

Talk soon, Eli

Morning

I am looking to relocate from South AFrica.

I would love to relocate to Zanzibar. I currently work in a hospital and many many years of experience in medical administration/accounts.

I am looking for a job overseas, preferably zanzibar.
If anybody knows and can help, it will be greatly appreciated

Great to read on people planning or relocated already to zanzibar

Thank You

I would like to work and live in Zanzibar.  any one can give me clear information  please

Hi
Im a 38 year old Canadian who just moved to Dar and plan to be here for the next few years.  If anyone wants to meet up for a drink on the peninsula, let me know.  I'm always down for meeting new people and having great chats.

Hi there,

Zanzibar can tricky if you aren't in hospitality, as jobs for foreigners outside of that industry are very limited. You'll need a company's reference in order to obtain a work permit, and it costs $2000 plus lawyer fees, etc.
Alternatively you can get the investment visa, but it doesn't allow you to work.
There are quite a few other Saffas on the island, though, pretty much all in hospitality.

All the best,

Liz

Hi Eli,

Just a few tips on Znz:

• Wifi is slow and unreliable, always make sure you have data on your phone/modem in case you need to create a hotspot.

• ZECO power cuts out a lot. Stay somewhere with a working generator. And A/C.

• If you take any chronic meds, ensure you bring enough with you for a couple of months, to keep you until you find a Znz pharmacy that can provide it.

• Don't drink the tap water unless you have a stomach made of steel.

• When you buy things like general groceries, only buy items that have prices on them or displayed, otherwise you may get charged “foreigner fees”.

• Lastly but very NB, be careful who you trust, there are a lot of scam artists on the island.

All the best,

Liz

Thank you Liz, most appreciated 🙏

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Since you are all new to the forum, please note that this thread is only for presentation of new members.

If you are looking for a job, there is a dedicated section for it. Kindly create your CV in the Jobs in Tanzania section.  You can also check latest job offers. :)

Should you have any questions related to expatriation, do not hesitate to create a new topic on the Tanzania forum.

I also strongly recommend you to read the Living in Tanzania guide for more information.  :cool:

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi I am new in Arusha and on Work Visa here. I will be happy if i can meet more English speaking expats here as i will be here for a long time. Wish me luck

Hello everyone!
I am a documentary photographer currently in Tazania, at the moment living near Sumbawanga. In Februrary I will probably be going to Tabora, Mwanza, Morogoro and Dar. If anyone want to have a chat over a beer, just  let me know :)

Hello

I am Jackline, Tanzanian Female, living in Arusha city

I am Website and Graphic Designer!
I would like like to meet an entrepreneur or business-minded partners to set up the business together which relating to community or tourism for example Tour company, Restaurant, Lodges and relating or Printing Company.

I hope to meet someone from here, let us talk, meet and make decision

Yours friendly
Jackline

Hello everyone,

My name is Lilia. Im from Tunisia, 28 years old.

Im planning to move to Zanzibar very soon but don't know how to or where to start.

I'am a Yoga Teacher, Kriya Yoga Facilitator and Reiki Healer lever 2. I would love to find a job in a resort on the beach.

I used to live in Bali for two years, now I feel the calling to move down to mama Africa.

I don't mind doing some work in exchange for accomodation and food at the beginning.

Namaste <3

@weightoftheworld274
Hello I sent you a text on your inbox.
Hi Expat community,

I am Laly, french currently based in Cambodia.
I hope to come and live in Tanzania this year for a new expatriation.
I have a diploma and substantial working experience in Photography and hospitality. I also used to work and live in remote areas like the Australian bush and I am looking for a job opportunity preferably out of the busy city. If someone here has some advice or contact to help me in relocating to Tanzania, I will appreciate your help as it's not easy to get good contact from so far.

Have a nice day/ evening

Laly
Hello All,

Last year I had an amazing experience in Zanzibar and throughout Tanzania on a work trip for 3 weeks (you can actually watch what I was doing starting tomorrow on Amazon and Apple "The Royal Tour: Tanzania").  I've been all Africa and the Middle East throughout my career and have never felt more at home than I did in Zanzibar.  My family of 4 has been flirting with the notion of an expat life for quite some time and 3 years ago we decided to make a "trial run" by moving to Key West - it's as far as we could go without leaving the country.  We've enjoyed our time here, but the urge to end the US rat race has never been stronger.

I'm looking forward to reading up on the process and speaking to some of y'all on moving to Zanzibar.  My contract here in Key West is up in October of this year and I'd like to start 2023 fresh, on the other side of the planet.

Andrew
Hi all,

My name is Shams, Syrian lives in Dubai, been in Dubai for the past 9 years. I am 33 years old and I have 5 years old boy. We are moving to Zanzibar in summer as my husband is starting his own business, I am excited for new adventure. And also interested to know more about schools and kids life in Zanzibar, we are still finding out the best area to live in. Any expats with kids can share their thought? I will be in Zanzibar in May and happy to meet with moms who are around stone town.

Thanks in advanced.
@weightofheworld274
Hello how are you? .Am in Dar am interested in meeting new people.

Hello@dayandrewt

@eliza52
Welcome Zanzibar, share your contact for further information
Hello,it will be nice connecting with you.
@Guest4765  Hello ,
My name is Shara, I am Environmentalist and Community development worker by professional, if you need my support on starting up project related to community based I am here to help.
Kinder regards

Hello, nice to talk to you all1f600.svg

I'm Keisuke, from Japan, going to live in Arusha as expat since January 2023, together with my dog - dachshund.

I'll look for information here about like Dog, Basketball, etc...

Kinds regards,

Hi, my name is Sandra. I have been here in Dar for 1 year off and on and I wanted to apply for a retirement visa.  Any Help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank You

@cathekaisi me toolove to meet u

@davinder70 cool plan meet

@weightoftheworld274 sure we can meet drink enjoy chat mail me at ***

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Just a little reminder that contact details should not be posted on the forum for some security reasons. 1f601.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@zionanyk  hello. you can download the forms and visit immigration office(Kurasini) your passport copy, retirement documents, birth certificate, CVs, with cover letter

Hiii im from Kenya living in Dar as a student. Who wants to be friends?

Hello Uneza Rafik,

How do you do ? What is your field of study ? Are you enjoying the experience of being a student so far ?

Regards,

Bhavna

Hello dears,, I'm looking for a job as a babysitter/Nanny and housekeeper.. I'm reliable,love kids, charming and hardworking person with experience and reference.thanks in advance!!

Hello Charity jack,

If you are looking for a job, I advise you to drop your CV on Jobs in Tanzania.

Also, since you are on the thread of new members, could you kindly introduce yourself?

We would love to know more about you1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Cheryl  I'm interested

Hello Faridykhosla,

Welcome on board !

Could you please provide some details, Interested in what exactly?

Regards,

Bhavna

@Liloo Wishful Thinker

Hello. I am in the process of creating a wellness centre in Dar and could be interested in some kind of cooperation. What about you? Should you be interested to talk about this, please email me to****

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Roberta1958,

Welcome on board !

Please note that you are posting on the New Members thread which is meant for the introduction of new members. Since you want to communicate with Liloo, I suggest that you contact the member through private message by clicking on the photo of the member > send a message.

All the best,

Bhavna

Hello

Planning my escape for December 2024

I'll be officially, retired.

I currently work from home don't do too much love horseback riding

Closed