New members of the Gambia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Gambia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Gambia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I'm looking to move out to The Gambia later this year. Could anyone tell what health care is available for ex pats/tourists?
I'm aware that it is not as good as other countries.

Kind regards,

Mike Nicholls

Dear Julien,
Now THAT'S what I call a welcome welcoming - someone prepared to provide some assistance. Thank you!
After 50 working as a Resident Civil Engineer abroad I returned to the UK. I can't get over the culture shock of woke, regulations, SNP etc.. The country is nothing like the one I left in 1967. I've got a good ten years left in me and, by chance, was contacted by someone in Gambia on Twitter. I've decided that this is a sign and will now 'up stumps' and go there. I intend firstly to arrive about the end of March to have a look and ensure folk know what I can offer; i.e. all civil engineering capabilities except design, teach English, Mathematics, music (I'm a piper), diving, skiing (but realise the problem!). The main thing is to be USEFUL and give a hand to others. Did a lot of charity work in Sabah, Malaysia.

I've been in touch with the DOKU GROUP and the director kindly suggested I come out for a holiday first and have a chat. However wild horses won't drag me back to the UK. The worst aspect is that employment is now controlled by HR Departments. If you google 'Useless HR Departments' you'll catch my drift.

I'm prepared to do anything and go anywhere. I've already got a Gambian contact who has been very encouraging but he's a young truck driver. I need some advice re general living and costs which would be very helpful indeed together with how to get a job. If you give me your Whassap phone number that would be very kind. Mine is UK ***. I think one should delete the '0' but not sure. email: ***
Many thanks again, Julien - I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Iain S. Stewart

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013451

Thanks!

Closed