New here. Need advice.

Hello! I'm starting to plan my move from Switzerland to the Philippines for 2023. But i need some advice from swiss or european expats living there. Basically, I would like to know about your experience managing your money.

I will take my 2nd "pillier" and plan to live with it until my age of 65 when i will ask for the retirement. Can we have a swiss bank account and then transfer a monthly allowance while living overseas? or we have absolutely transfer our money to a local account?

Sincerely I have been looking for information in internet but I haven't found much. Eventually i will go to different banks and ask them the same question but they are commercials so they will maybe propose me, I don't know, what kind of costly services. Before I do that I would like to know the experience of people already doing this, and what are the best options we have.

Thanks a lot...this is really important for me. Merci beaucoup! j'attends vos réponses!

zunyma wrote:

Can we have a swiss bank account and then transfer a monthly allowance while living overseas?

Its up to your swizz bank if you can get  transfers automatic or if you have to make the transfers yourself each time.  I suppouse your swizz bank have service so you can make transfers at distance.

zunyma wrote:

or we have absolutely transfer our money to a local account?

Its common to get problem to get a bank acount in the Philippines in startup (although local different acting bank managers. Some accept so it dont hurt to ask.)
Many foreigners solve it by using foreign credit/debit cards.  Check which cards the local ATMs/banks accept.

Concerning bank acounts they can be peso acount and/or US dollar acount.
In the Philippines all biger banks have joined the bank guarantee system, but some small banks havent.  The bank guarantee is max 500 000 pesos per person.

Great...thanks for your reply Coach!

[Post under review]

But think of it can become TO COLD sometimes at higher altitudes in the Philippines too. 

Some years ago animals as e g some cows even froze to death in mountains at Cebu island.
(Its possible to freeze to death at plus C degrees too specialy if not "made for" such climate, or if get wet to long time then individs used to cold can freeze to death too. Moisty air as Philiippes have as well as wind are chill factors too, nice when its to hot, but can be even dangerous when its colder and not having warming cover.)

My AC in Sweden can both heat and chill. I dont know if them in Phils can heat. It obvious not nice to not having any heating sourse if it become to cold, but many dont think of it in a normal hot country as Philippines before it become cold. Even 20 C is  cold when being used to 25-35 C.

[Post under review]

[Post under review]

stillbiker wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

Well stillbiker, let me tell you posts under review means from Enzyte Bob's dictionary: Gone Forever.

OK who is the Forum God on here who likes clicking "Report"?   That would be terrible.

Also, I wish the Mods can put a reason why any "Post Under Review" is such.  This helps other posters.

Hello everyone,

Please note that only English is allowed on the Phillippines forum, thus the hidden posts which were in French.

Aside from this English-speaking forum, there is also a French-speaking one for francophones if they wish to converse in this language rather than English: Forum Philippines.

Thank you

Diksha
Expat.com team

Diksha wrote:

Hello everyone,

Please note that only English is allowed on the Phillippines forum, thus the hidden posts which were in French.

Aside from this English-speaking forum, there is also a French-speaking one for francophones if they wish to converse in this language rather than English: Forum Philippines.

Thank you

Diksha
Expat.com team

This is great.  Thanks Diksha.  I really appreciate the immediate response.   I thought that was the reason but not sure.  Is it possible to put the Reason  for "posts under review" alongside it in the post or in another post but immediately following it? 

I think it would help alot for future Forumers to see potential violations.   Sometimes, like in the case of use of foreign language,  foreigners can slip into it just because.   I think seeing it in threads as Reason for violation reminds us and hence, helps us be more conscious again of the rules. 

Btw, Merry Christmas to all!

oh noooo... not another gone post ....."lost in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccceee"

Sorry Dikhsa, I didn't know the rules.