September just me and my 14lb dog coming to Muscat a full-time job

Moving to Muscat Sept. 2011- I will be working full time at a college and that means my dog who is used to being with me all the time dog will be home alone.

The college is in al medinant I believe and I've heard it is too expensive to live there on my salary.

Does anyone know of places nearby so i can go home at noon to check in on my dog?

Do Expaits share houses together? If so where would I find others to share with?

Non smoker, pet lover, easy going,clean .

I' m an american woman with no vices- just the dog.

Hi lightright,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you. You may post an advert in the Muscat classifieds > accommodation section as well. Hope this helps.

I wish you good luck in your search,
Christine

Thanks I did just look around in the classifieds.  It's hard to get responses but I'll keep trying.

lightright wrote:

Moving to Muscat Sept. 2011- I will be working full time at a college and that means my dog who is used to being with me all the time dog will be home alone.

The college is in al medinant I believe and I've heard it is too expensive to live there on my salary.

Does anyone know of places nearby so i can go home at noon to check in on my dog?

Do Expaits share houses together? If so where would I find others to share with?

Non smoker, pet lover, easy going,clean .

I' m an american woman with no vices- just the dog.

Hello lightright !
(1)    If your place of work is going to be at Madinat Sultan Qaboos (MSQ), then Al Khuwair is the best option for you to look at sharing accommodation. Plus, now there are many good places that are available and the rents aren't so high either. Any other location in and around MSQ, like Madinal Al Ilam, Qurum Heights, Qurum etc., will be expensive as these are all upmarket neighbourhoods where the movers and shakers of Muscat reside in !
(2)    Yes, expats do share houses – but such sharing is usually found amongst the low-income groups who do so only to save money. But am sure others also share houses.
(3)    To identify suitable house mates it would be better to post notices in supermarkets, hypermarkets and megamalls in and around Al Khuwair, Al Ghubra and Qurum. Specify in black and white your wants, likes and dislikes so that all of you are on the same page. Going to a mainline publication with such a request may not be very effective.
Best wishes to you on finding a good house mate !

I am an IT consultant and moving to Muscat soon. I am based in Dubai now and am taking up a new assignment in Muscat.

I am looking to share a good quality flat or apartment. Somewhere in Al Khuwair, Ghala, Qurum area.

I'd prefer sharing a villa / independent house.

-------

I got a good flat now. Will be moving in today!

13th Sep 11

HAVE YOU COME TO OMAN

Hello sweet_fnb and welcome to Expat.com!

A little intro maybe?;)

Harmonie.

PS: Could you please lower Caps Lock when you write in the forum?
Thanks.