Pub crawls in Madrid

I've found lots of Madrid pub crawls online and some of them seem fly by night. It's hard to get a sense of which ones are reliable and consistently have a decent-sized group. Does anyone have recommendations?

Hopefully this helps anyone else out.

I ended up joining the MADride pub crawl. They meet up at the bear statue in Puerta del Sol @ 11pm pretty much every day. I went on Saturday night. A good-sized group of 15-20 or so people aged 19-30 showed up - mostly from the US, but some were Brazilian too. 10€ upfront, which gets you get a free drink & discounted drinks at every bar you go to. The first two bars were sh*t, but the 3rd bar was much nicer and I bailed before they moved again at around 2ish. Ran into someone from the pub crawl the next afternoon and they said they ended up going to two more nicer clubs before bailing, themselves.

Overall, it's the people you meet on these pub crawls that will make or break the experience. MADride is sponsored by Hostelworld.com, so expect nothing but foreign tourists/backpackers. In addition, you'll see a lot of American travelers in Madrid because of the summer months and many Madrileños leave the city on vacation in August. I forgot the name of our guide, but he was a fun & charismatic guy. Blame it on the alcohol. I can't remember anyone's name from that night.

That's a very accurate description susheemonster. It's ok -- nobody remembers each other's names for the most part...

Sorry for the short notice, but I'm arranging an early pub crawl for Thursday night in Malasaña. The barrio has a very casual, hip vibe and there are lots of unpretentious bars around to drink and socialize. I've invited several people I'm in contact with on this board, as well as one or two of my co-workers. The majority of us are young professionals & students.  It's going to be a good night. If you're interested, shoot me a message.

Hi there
I know this is an old thread but I'm looking to arrange a pub crawl in Madrid for a hen party and wondered if anyone could advise a good area with nice, cheapish, hip bars that will accomodate a group of 13 women?  I'm looking for about 6-7 bars including one where the food is good so we can eat a late lunch.  Starting the crawl at about 13:00 and hoping it'll be a walking pub crawl.  We are staying in La Latina but not bothered where we need to get to in order to start our crawl.  We will be in fancy dress so places that are fairly liberal on dress code would be better.  If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful! 
Thanks in advance.