Expats in villages around Paphos

We are looking for a property in a village outside Paphos, that is cooler in the summer and has a active expat community, and fairly close to amenities.  :)

Hi, I just read your request there and living in Pafos for a while now, I usually come across very attractive, very affordable places to rent on Facebook marketplace. All you have to do is find market place, make yourself a member of it then you will be able to search and be notified of new properties for rent there.Places like Emba, Peyia Chlorakas. You'll enjoy it. I hope it helps, good luck!

You should consider locations further inland and higher up as they are the places that are much cooler but that also means much colder in winter…

A prime example ….is Peyia can be very hot but Kathikas further inland and higher up is much cooler in summer but much colder in winter … it really is a trade off

Toon wrote:

You should consider locations further inland and higher up as they are the places that are much cooler but that also means much colder in winter…

A prime example ….is Peyia can be very hot but Kathikas further inland and higher up is much cooler in summer but much colder in winter … it really is a trade off

What sort of temperature difference are we talking Toon?

Jim

Enough to make you think about it

Toon wrote:

Enough to make you think about it

😆

Seriously though are we talking heating on from October through April?

Jim

Certainly late November thru to March and Jan feb  usually wet and cold and some snow higher up  6 degrees up there in Jan feb when 10 14 peyia

Thanks Toon

Jim

I know that in January 19 we travelled from peyia to prodromi via kathikas and the temp dropped from 13 down to 6 and in the kathikas area and there was snow too,
We then dropped down towards prodromi and temp rose again

Sounds like the trick is to find a village that's at the right elevation to help with the highs of summer but not too cold in winter - a "goldilocks " location....

Jim

Got it in one Jim