Sadly the biggest ever repatriation in PH history is ongoing

The Biggest ever repatriation in PH history is ongoing.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1472769/b … z73Mwo1tEh

My Take Away : (omo)
1)  People are still hurting/fearful.
2)  Families of these OFW's are in worry/pain/suffering so do spare a thought.
3)  Would it surprise anyone if tourism would be the last thing on the local governments mind till some stability is found during this time.
4)  A little more compassion/understanding/support if necessary should be made available to those who have been affected.
5)  I too have fellow friends/family members otw home that I intend to help.
6)  I can only hope/pray that things improve in the coming months.

Yes and now its payback time for the millions of slothful Filipinos who rely on the 'free lunch' from their hardworking OFW contemporaries who one has considerable sympathy for in these challenging times.

Given that OFW's contribute about 10% of the nations GDP and the virtual national lockdown in place its remarkable that the Peso has not tanked more than it has on the foreign exchange markets.

A great many professional OFW's did not return because they are employed in first world nations with essential jobs that pay very good wages.

Some of them never to return except for vacations or retirement.

Thanks for posting that up MW.  I had no idea the numbers are that large, and it will just add to the pain and suffering locally. So many do rely on the OFW's..

Yes, many stay abroad
but many OFWs happened to be in Phils between contracts when covid came and they can have problem to leave again as they had planned.