A little about Costa Rica

Pretty much all restaurants and cafes are outdoors in Costa Rica, you're unlikely to find a virtual forum as internet is a bit spotty in many areas of the country but you can try to set something up if you get any interest. Once you get to your destinations talk to shop owners, cafe and restaurant owners as those are most likely expats.   Regular sodas ( typical Costa Rican food ) will be owned by Ticos so look for other types of foods Italian, American, Israeli, etc.... people are very open and friendly and happy to share their stories ....good luck.

ngocsontran122   I have NO IDEA from whence you obtain your "information" ??
I moved here 32 years ago and  after living in many of the diverse areas of CR , finally found my piece of heaven..
I live in the gorgeous hills of Heredia with mild sunny climate , AND GREAT BROADBAND INTERNET  (9cyber optics .)
in this area the  which has the best in CR. 
Although i am on 3 lovely acres we are within 10 minutes drive from INDOOR UPSCALE RESTAURANTS WITH CONTINENTAL CUISINE ,GREAT STEAKS AND FOOD FAB FOR US VEGETARIANS . there are VERY FEW OUTDOOR cafes despite what you said in your post..and about the internet wow you are SO WRONG.  Maybe you do not even know
that HEREDIA  exists many do not on this site including the aAdmins, and perhaps settled in said '"boonies;'
I was once very active on this site but got tired of the mis information 
i kept reading.I just could no resist responding to that post to inform people that even Amins here can be wrong..so. if this post does not get posted i will assume that post was from an Administratorwho God forbid will allow anyone to disagree..GOOD LUCK TOTHE ENQUIRER AND LOOK UP MY EMAIL ON PROFILE under pebs i believe..dont message here because i rarely have time to come into this site lately.I see many of the helpful old buddies have dropped out THEY were a good source of information..good luck..from pebs
'15 years. HEREDIA unlike the boonies which alas many foreingners are talked into,  maybe from   lonely ex pats . after searching (and trying out the many diverse areas of CR.

I agree with the previous poster in that there are very few outdoor restaurants in Costa Rica. Even in the beach areas.

Depends on the town. At Montezuma beach last time I was there , there were a lot of outdoor restaurants. I imagine most beaches would have some.
As to inland towns, right, not that many outdoor ones. In San Ramon there are a few that have "open to the street" (i.e. no wall in front or a huge open door in front) restaurants but not a lot.