Costa Rican Spanish Lessons

Being aware that Spanish in Costa Rica differs from other places, I don't know where to best find online classes.
Any suggestions appreciated for a senior slow learner,

Hi EcoGal...

I did a lot of online research regarding learning Spanish. There are MUCHO options to choose from but none of them left me feeling confident that I would learn what I needed per CR Spanish.

I'm not living in CR yet. I have decided to wait and study Spanish after I get to CR and take lessons from a local CR person. I believe doing so will teach me way more than any generic on-line Spanish course.

I sure do appreciate your reply!
My modest home in Hawaii sold quickly   I did not have time to study before arriving in Mexico. This does allow me time to take lessons before I get to Costa Rica, hopefully to retire permanently.
As a beginner, speaking either Spanish may not make a big difference. I've only been at taking free lessons for less than 2 weeks   I plan to be here in Mexico through 2021.
With Costa Rica being my dream goal   being a slow learner, I prefer to study one language, not two.
Color me silly, but I'm intimidated   feel there are surely CR Spanish teachers online somewhere .... ??

Maybe someone on this site, who's already living in CR, will be able to direct you to a CR on-line Spanish teacher.

Good Luck & Travel Safe to Mexico.

Well, my experience has been dismal.  There are language schools in the San Jose area, but it's a 3 hour drive each way, so that's not an option for me.  The private lessons were $20/hr and that gets expensive really quickly, not to mention, just how much can you retain in an hour.  I too am a senior.  So, basically, I just live around natives and pick up what I can.  It's not the best way to go, but it sort of works for me.  I'm still not fluent, but I can get around after 8 years of being here.

thank you!

I'm gonna be living in the southern part of CR, near San Isidro. There's a place there called "The New Dawn Educational Center." This is where I'm gonna be studying Spanish. They offer a 3 week program for $400 plus $400 for Room & Board. If this is too expensive for you, they offer a Work Exchange Program for Room & Board.

Website is: www.thenewdawncenter.info

I know a girl. Online classes $10-$12 per session/hour. My WhatsApp 83681433. Rafe

I've see several requests concerning Spanish Classes. When I first came here I felt like (and still do!)  the spanish classes were priced to take advantage of expats. I mean $400 - per month! Ridiculous. I found someone who will do online classes (min 4 people) and is very reasonable and I like her curriculum. Mention my name “Rafe” and she will know you are from this site.
Contact info: Flavia  506 7273 0357. This is also her WhatsApp number and is the quickest way to get a response. I case you don't know EVERYONE in CR uses WhatsApp. Free download. Good Luck

This is helpful:

https://mytanfeet.com/travel-tips/learn … st-online/

Some lesson programs are Rosetta Stone, Rocket Languages, Babbel, Duolingo, Transparent Language

RGrady... the Spanish Lessons I wrote about are not $400 a month, it's $400 for a 3 week intensive at the Learning Center that offers it. $400 for roughly 105 hrs of instruction is VERY reasonable.

Rosetta Stone is not worth the money they were asking last time I looked.  Duolingo and SpanishDict are both free with minimal ads or ad free with a small charge.  Both are great and work great together.  Those are the two I use.  Duolingo offers the interactive exchange and SpanishDict provides conjugations, examples, phrases, etc, all spoken and written.

My first year or two here I went to a tutor who charged $10 an hour at her house.  She can usually be found on craigslist.   While I have been able to develop basic language skills to communicate in espanol, I have a very hard time hearing most of the words from Tico's as their accent cut's off syllables in words.  They also speak very fast and do not fully pronounce each word so I rarely get the entire speech and try to get the gist of the message. 

Look up this site: https://www.languageinternational.com/s … jose-23322
It will show you six choices of "schools" here in San Jose and the prices of each.  Beware there are Tico prices and Gringo prices for almost every service / product here.

this is a free-bee channel where one cannot donate appreciation $

https://www.youtube.com/c/ButterflySpanish/videos

typo error, sorry:
... can donate
(not cannot)