Canadian Filing for Annulment, Married to a Filipina.

Hello,

I hope i can get some valuable insight here.

I am a Canadian living here in The Philippines

My wife and I have agreed to file annulment after being separated since 2018.
We got Married in Canada in 2013.

Can anyone recommend Marriage Lawyer who specializes in this circumstance ?  As we were married in Canada,  It is my understanding that the Annulment will need to be filed in Canada.

what would be the best way to do so ?

Thanks for any help to guide me in the right direction on this.

Im no expert at such. Im expert at business laws  :lol: 

I suppouse Canada dont has annulments, but divorces.
But if divorce abroad then s the question to make it valid in Philippins too

I also thought that if the marriage occurred outside the Philippines then divorce in the same country was adequate. I don't believe you need to do an annulment, and  certainly hope not as they can be an exceptionally long process.

My wife's sister went through an annulment in the Philippines. It took 3 years and cost quite a bit of money and frustration. She was living just south of Tacloban, Letye but the marriage took place in Biliran Island so she had to travel to Naval, Biliran many times, and it took a whole day for the round trip. Probably half or more times she showed up to the court just to find the judge had taken the day off. When it came time to render the decision the judge asked for a donation of P100,000. He settled for P60,000 after some bargaining and the marriage was annulled. It must have leaked that she had an American suitor anxious to get it done.

kristopherryan wrote:

Hello,

I hope i can get some valuable insight here.

I am a Canadian living here in The Philippines

My wife and I have agreed to file annulment after being separated since 2018.
We got Married in Canada in 2013.

Can anyone recommend Marriage Lawyer who specializes in this circumstance ?  As we were married in Canada,  It is my understanding that the Annulment will need to be filed in Canada.

what would be the best way to do so ?

Thanks for any help to guide me in the right direction on this.

Why an annulment?
Do you have any children with her?
Do you have marital assets?
Are you planning to move back to Canada?
Do you have another future mate in your plans or waiting for you?

More than once I've met couples in the Philippines that have walked away from marriage without annulments or divorce and are cohabiting with a new mate happily for years.

The same holds true in walking away with no future responsibilities. I've seen newspaper announcements  in the states stating: "I will be only be responsible  for my debts after (date)".

yes i can, can do it in 60 days

Thanks for the reply.

we wanted to go with an Annulment because it was the understanding of both of us that that would be the most agreeable route.

its quite simple - 

we did not have any kids
we did not have any property or estate in both of ours names

I have already made some progress speaking with a lawyer based in Toronto and what she recommended was to pursue and file A Petition of Recognition for Foreign Judgement. this will take 6-8 months.  I just need to produce our wedding certificate.   

we were married in 2012 in Toronto, but then had  a  traditional wedding in Manila in 2013.

however, i dont know how that latter part plays into this process.

As for me similar situation.  My ex wife come from Philippines I divorced in USA. Also even if you divorced wife in your own country while you wife stay Philippines.  You can still remarried in Philippines even if you not have annulment in Philippines

i have someone in davao for you,,,,will take 3 months,,no need personal appearance

mikebrant1973 wrote:

i have someone in davao for you,,,,will take 3 months,,no need personal appearance

@mikebrant1973
Hi Mike. Can you give me details for the person in davao. Would really like to get in touch. Need one myself.  If you can please contact me at 0966-911-8755. Really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

@ Mikebrant1973

Mike, is it not better to share ur contacts here in the open, some other guys might also like to use it or keep it in mind (if ever)…?

You don't need to do anything in the Philippines as your marriage was done in Canada. Just file for a divorce in Canada.

Just back read about the part of traditional marriage in Manila. Was it a church or civil wedding? Not that it mattered as both are legal, binding, and will be registered in the PSA; thus requiring the annulment.

Anyari?

ATTY LIZADA,,,,tell mike send you,,,,he is in davao city
best service for Annulment , real estate , immigration etc

ATTY LIZADA,,,,tell mike send you,,,,he is in davao city
best service for Annulment , real estate , immigration etc

you need someone from davao couse the annulment will take place in muslim court in cotabato

Hope this helps :

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1150751

It is hard to believe that all the other countries collectively erred in instituting absolute divorce in varying degrees of liberality and limitations. An en masse blunder is beyond comprehension. An erroneous unanimity on such a crucial familial institution defies reason and experience. Obviously, the rest of the world cannot be mistaken on the universality of absolute divorce," he said. (PNA)
Unquote

mikebrant1973 wrote:

you need someone from davao couse the annulment will take place in muslim court in cotabato

A Catholic or Christian marriage being annulled in a Muslim Court? Go figure. Ah, the free milk and the cows roam free or are they part of a shared harem? No responsibility or commitment but simply milking. Abuse? The cow has rights too! A Muslim conversion to accomplish? Much easier in Tawi Tawi.

Get off the grass and leave that for the cows.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:
mikebrant1973 wrote:

A Catholic or Christian marriage being annulled in a Muslim Court? Go figure. Ah, the free milk and the cows roam free or are they part of a shared harem? No responsibility or commitment but simply milking. Abuse? The cow has rights too! A Muslim conversion to accomplish? Much easier in Tawi Tawi.

Get off the grass and leave that for the cows.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Steve and I must be sniffing the same air as we agree.

In order for a marriage to be annulled in a Muslim Court, the marriage partners must be Muslim. I suppose with a gift of a cow or two, they can convert to the Muslim faith and receive their annulment.

Please Google: Grant No. 30394-26-330-26-2984, then click on Philippine Shari'a Courts.

LMAO.
Yes at times there are the sh*t fights with disagreements and personal opinions but at the end of the day? Mathematics and petty stuff aside? The real picture reveals itself not only here but within our world and the freedom that manwonder proffers can not be gained with a simple glass of milk without commitment to where that milk comes from.

mikebrant1973 needs to supply credible information/data for such left field comments justifying christians obtaining a divorce/annulment in a Muslim courthouse.
Perhaps there is a favourite cow? Hobbled? Your turn? In the end the cow is milked for the other villagers that also had a go and need milk for their coffee? No need to buy. The cow is hobbled, any different to what's happening now? Come on.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Sorry I just can't help myself....

Ffffrrrreeeeddddooooommmmm

I don't know what the last few replies have anything to do with my initial post and my inquiries.

haha, wow. thanks.

So back to a previous question If we were married in the u.s and my wife is a Filipino national and registered as married  with the PSA in the Philippines as well as u.s , can't I get divorce in u.s because We were not married in the Philippines ,  she was registered as married with psa through Philippine embassy in San Diego Ca.

I guess you must have resolved this issue by now.  Anyway in my humble opinion, if you were married  in Canada any annulment or divorce must be made in Canadian in accordance with Canadian law.  As far as I am aware you cannot get divorced in the Philippines.

rcitc wrote:

I guess you must have resolved this issue by now.  Anyway in my humble opinion, if you were married  in Canada any annulment or divorce must be made in Canadian in accordance with Canadian law.  As far as I am aware you cannot get divorced in the Philippines.

As I have understood it,
if a foreigner apply and get divorce in a foreign country as e g Canada HE will be counted as divorced EXCEPT in the Philippines, so he break Philippine law if he become live-in with any other woman in the Philippines,
BUT his Filpina WIFE can use that divorce document to get right to marry other in the Philippines.

I am still very much working on this. it is not completely resolved. as you can imagine, it's not a simple dry-cut situation but progress is somewhat being made with my lawyer in Canada with the filing of annulment.

kristopherryanwatson wrote:

I am still very much working on this. it is not completely resolved. as you can imagine, it's not a simple dry-cut situation but progress is somewhat being made with my lawyer in Canada with the filing of annulment.

Why do you make ANNULMENT from Canada??? Its PHILIPPINE law...

Annulment? That's a fancy name for divorce, or 'Kanuck' for being screwed? I mean really, you need to not be searching for advice here, and be quick smart about hiring a kick-ass attorney before the gates of hell are released. Hahaha

Don't let her beat you to the punch. Find your inner man-juice, NOW!

Daytripper wrote:

Annulment? That's a fancy name for divorce, or 'Kanuck' for being screwed? I mean really, you need to not be searching for advice here, and be quick smart about hiring a kick-ass attorney before the gates of hell are released. Hahaha

An annulment argument can be NEVER have screwed   :lol: