Credit Cards & OTP

My Name is Ryan, and I have been living in the Philippines for sometime working with an organization that is helping with livelihood projects.  It is still nice to every now an then buy stuff online from amazon or other US online stores, however I have run into the issue of them needing OTP confirmation to a number from the USA.  Currently I am with Capital one, and I can't even get into my captial one app without a text to a US number which I dont have here in the Philippines.  Does anybody have a card that requests the OTP confirmation through their App or through email or through international phone number.  Or has anybody found a phone service that works for OTP confirmations?

Thank You for any help

Ryan

Ryan Hull90 wrote:

My Name is Ryan, and I have been living in the Philippines for sometime working with an organization that is helping with livelihood projects.  It is still nice to every now an then buy stuff online from amazon or other US online stores, however I have run into the issue of them needing OTP confirmation to a number from the USA.  Currently I am with Capital one, and I can't even get into my captial one app without a text to a US number which I dont have here in the Philippines.  Does anybody have a card that requests the OTP confirmation through their App or through email or through international phone number.  Or has anybody found a phone service that works for OTP confirmations?

Thank You for any help

Ryan

Great question! I've run into these OTP issues as well. Would be great to have a SMS call forwarding service, but I've not been able to find one.

Not sure this helps, but ..
We use dual currency credit cards from BDO.
WE USE Smart.
For overseas cards we use roaming. Always works, apart from peak hours.

Put your card on vacation mode and use pin instead of phone otp on app