Moving to Buenos Aire in 2022

Hola! Me llamo Bignon.

I'm a French citizen currently living in Nantes/France and there is a chance we (my wife, my 6 years old daughter and myself) may move to Buenos Aires in September 2022 for 3 or 4 years. To be confirmed by end of 2021.

Our daughter French school will be located in Belgrano and we would prefer to live not too far in order to avoid a long commuting time for her. Walking distance is preferable else 15min max by Public Transport is perfect.
My wife will be working in Retiro area .

Would anyone recommend any area/neighborhood to live ? Not a too high class expat/diplomat area but a more local medium high class neighborhood and safe to live and walk around.

Any general recommendation/advise about living in Buenos Aires will be more than welcome including best internet websites for apartment hunting ( so i'll compare with whatever i've collected over the internet already), please :).

Muchas gracias / Thanks a lot!

For apartment/house rentals - you may want to look at Locanto if you haven't already - many of the advertisements are posted by owners and ordinary people, not businesses, for free, for renting/buying apartments and houses as well as many goods and services in other areas.  You can get an idea of the prices being asked in various neighborhoods.

Here, for Buenos Aires:

https://buenosaires.locanto.com.ar/

Here, specifically for Belgrano:

https://www.locanto.com.ar/geo/725518/B … nos-Aires/

For apartments/houses for rent and for sale, look under INMUEBLES and you can then click on "Departamentos en alquiler" for apartments for rent, "Casas en alquiler" for houses for rent, etc.

Hi OsageArcher, Thanks for the feedback🙂

Hello! I am Fabiana, Spanish language teacher, living in an area close to Belgrano called Coghlan. I hardly recommend this area to live in. It is a local medium high class neighborhood and safe to live in and walk around, as you mentioned.
Regarding apartments, there is a good site for local search:
www.enbuenosaires.com
Should you have further questions, please, feel free to ask.
Just in case you need Spanish lessons, I send you my own site:
www.buenosairesspanish.com.ar
Good luck!

Get prepared, living in Argentina in 2022 is like living in Mexico in the early 90s or in France, Italy or Spain in the 70s. As simple as it is.

Hello! Belgrano is a great neighborhood. It has easy access to different means of transportation, several stores available, without being a high-class area.

Zonaprop, can be a good website to look for references of apartments, and then go looking with a direct owner is the best option, because of the costs.

If you come to Argentina, I recommend Argentina Polo Day, just outside Buenos Aires, to experience the polo of the country [link moderated]/