Where to live in Buenos Aires ? Ou vivre à Buenos Aires ?

Hi !
I'm moving to Buenos Aires in September and for one year. I would like to know which is the best area to live in BA ?
I'm 20, I'm looking for a calm area but near the party places.
Any ideas ?
Thanks a lot !

Je pars pour Buenos Aires en septembre pour un an. J'aimerais savoir quels sont les bons quartiers de la ville ?
J'ai 20 ans, je cherche un quartier calme mais près des lieux de sortie.
Des idées ?
Merci beaucoup !

Marion

Hi Marion! :) Try to have a look at the Buenos Aires classifieds > accommodation section, it could give you an idea. Good luck.

A lot of expats live in Palermo and Recoletta but that's not to say there aren't lots of other really good barrios here. If you want to send me a message with a little more detail about what you are looking for and maybe I can give you some suggestions.

As to neighborhoods, if you like partying then the place to go for that is the Palermo Viejo area (or the area the tourists refer to as Palermo Hollywood).  However, as far as living the rental rates are extremely high there due to tourist and expat interest in the restaurants and clubs in the area.  I would recommend you go over to the other side of Av. Cordoba and look for a place in Villa Crespo.  You will find the rental rates are at least 30% cheaper there than in Palermo and Recoleta, the usual tourist strongholds for rentals.  Also, your cost of living for things such as laundry, groceries, etc. can run as low as half the price of those in Palermo and in some instances even less.

I lived in Villa Crespo for a year, just having moved  from ther 3 months ago, so let me give you some examples of what I was paying:

Rent was USD 700 a month for a huge 2 bedroom with a balcony and I had a private terrace the size of my entire apartment that only I had the use of.  I hosted several parties there and a weekly event and comfortably fit between 35 - 50 people on the terrace.

Laundry was a block away and cost me only 9 pesos a load to drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the evening.

There were restaurants where I could get a very nice lunch ranging from 15 pesos to 30 pesos for far more than I could eat.

Hi!
I would recommend you to live in Palermo. Is a big neighborhood but it has soma parts that are quiet and you are close to everything there.
Good luck!

Palermo is the worst place to live as far as prices go.  Yes, it is a big neighborhood and yes some parts are quiet, but the real estate people have priced it out of the range of being reasonable.

Yes, those places are amazing, but if you love the nature, Tigre is a nice place to live!

hi ! iŽm ROMAN and i live in Buenos Aires city,  i am looking for fun and sociable people to hang out and practice the laungage.

If you want i can help you with any doubt, did you found a place to live all ready ? Palermo and recoleta its good but it is expensive, the other neighborhood are okey but you need to know the area

Please contact me on FACEBOOK or MSN   my email is [email protected]

good luck !