Moving soon to Mauritius

Hi everyone!

Looking forward to moving to Mauritius on the Digital Nomad visa in a few months!

I was hoping someone could answer a few questions, as I'm moving there soon with my wife and it's hard to find out much about the sense of community there, so:

1. How hard is it to meet people?
2. Is there much of a no-kids social scene?
3. Where/how do most people meet other expats? Is there a social fb group, meet-up or something similar?

Thank you so much!

Hi Mr-Darby,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post in the Mauritius forum to help you to communicate more efficiently with the members.

It is not hard at all to meet new people here. We have a large community of expatriates residing in the northern region of the country  ( Pereybere, Grand Baie, Pointe aux Canonniers ) and also you will find expatriates living in Flic en Flac, Tamarin and Albion ( south west )

Now, due to covid 19, it can be a little more challenging to meet people but once the situation will get better you can plan a little gathering and post it in the forum here and also in the events section.
Some members usually organise monthly gatherings but covid 19 put a temporary halt to it.

For further information about Mauritius, I would advise you to download the Mauritius Expat guide, it can also help you. :)
You can also browse through the existing topics here, you will find some information shared by our members.

Thanks and wish you all the best in your expatriation project.

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Thant all sounds good, I was curious about this too.  My daughter and I will be there from December onwards and look forward to meeting others on the island.

Hi there, check out the Mauritius Business Network page on Facebook. It might come in handy to help you start.

https://www.facebook.com/MauritiusBusinessNetwork

Cheers