Buying a house in Ipoh

Hello everybody.
I'm from Italy, planning to retire in Malaysia in the future and therefore thinking of buying a house there (also as an investment, for the time being). Do you know the limits for foreigners to buy a property in Perak? 1 million ringgit, 500.000 or less? I've read different info on different web pages...
Thank you very much for helping me!
Claudia

yup. above RM1 million.

Hi Claudia

I am a Malaysian and formerly working in Ipoh for 5 years.

,I bought a single storey Bungalow  4800 sq ft  with 3 rooms. No mix development only Bungalow houses in my immediate neighborhood.

If you are interested to know more, please contact me at ***

I will check with my friend whom process MM2H for overseas applicant as to how much you need to invest in Ipoh.

Judy Ng

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

you should retire in Taiping, Perak instead of ipoh.

My suggestion. Taiping is a nice place

Dear Claudia,

In Perak, the minimum purchase price of a residential property for foreigners is RM500,000.

It varies from one state to another. For example in Kuala Lumpur it is RM1 mil, Selangor is RM2 mil and Penang is RM1 mil. But if a foreigner is under the MM2H program, the minimum purchase price is reduced to RM500,000 in Penang.

Thank you and best regards.
Jonathan

Hi  Claudia are u still interested to buy a property in Ipoh? My parents planning to sell their double storey fully furnished house In Ipoh. Would you be interested to know more details about this?

Joan