Need some information on hiring a maid ...

Hello

My husband and me stay in Accra ... we have a dog and we stay in an apartment... we are looking out to hire a maid (preferably who lives in Accra) who can come at least thrice a week in the mornings and do some dusting, cleaning/sweeping, mopping, ironing and some regular washing of foot mats and the dog beds ... I also wanted to know the monthly payment for these jobs ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... Thank you in advance...

🙏

You're asking for House help. In the current climate pay more than what is being offered right now because Ghanaians are being ripped off. They are Oveworked and under paid.
A person working in Cleaning and housekeeping in ghana earn around 1840 per month
Salaries range from 1320ghs  to 2790 ghs.
Hope that helps!

Asare.v wrote:

You're asking for House help. In the current climate pay more than what is being offered right now because Ghanaians are being ripped off. They are Oveworked and under paid.
A person working in Cleaning and housekeeping in ghana earn around 1840 per month
Salaries range from 1320ghs  to 2790 ghs.
Hope that helps!

Hi Asare ... thank you for replying so quickly... I checked the rates on google before coming over here and the same rates are mentioned as you have said ... but these rates are for a maid who will live in ... I don't need a live in maid ... I just am looking out for someone who can come and work for about 2 hours per day and maybe thrice a week ...

I suggest you join an Accra expat group on Facebook and make your request there. Also if you live in an apartment block there may be other people employing a maid part-time who can share information with you. I would suggest 50-100 cedis per day depending on the type of work and transportation costs.

Hello I'm currently living in Accra and I do the job of being a maid. Kindly Hit me Up

hkann wrote:

I suggest you join an Accra expat group on Facebook and make your request there. Also if you live in an apartment block there may be other people employing a maid part-time who can share information with you. I would suggest 50-100 cedis per day depending on the type of work and transportation costs.

Thank you for your response Hkann ... will do that

hi 👋   I will going back to ghana soon ,so that I am looking for a job to support me and my kids in Philippines, either shop attendant, receptionist, cashier, even nanny    will do ...is anyone here can refer to someone who's searching for it pls?

Are you a resident or have you got some form of work permit?
Those sort of jobs can be done by Ghanaians and the pay is usually very low.

Hi
Am a very hardworking lady and can work as maid .Live out maid...If you have pets don't worry because i love taking care of pets too.Kindly hit me up if you need one

If you are from Australia then it will be impossible for you to work as a maid as you won't be able to get a work permit for that type of job

The pay can be high or low depending on job hours,  duties, whether there's feeding,  the maid's transportation in and out to and from the job, etc. So it's not always low payment of salary and yes it can be done by Ghanaians if you're are a resident here
Thank You.

Hello, I'm looking for a filipina nanny to help me with the kids, if anyone is interested please let me know thank you

Please use the message system to exchange contact details

Actually, I stay at Teshie Tse Addo, in Ghana, Accra.

@akyeagodwin8

Read and understand post #15.
Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hi!

I'm a janitor residing in Accra, East Legon. I'm interested in this position and would love to render you my service. I've been doing this job for 7 years.

Hello everyone,

This is an old thread .

Those looking for a job or offering one should create an advert in the Jobs in Ghana section of the website.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed