Anyone taken the plunge of moving to Pakistan yet?!

Salam!

Just interested to know how many of you on here who talked about leaving the UK to live in Pakistan have actually moved?

If so where have you settled and how are you finding it?

If not then what stopped you in your tracks?

Looking forward to hearing the stories!

whenever anyone wish to settle in pakistan from UK. choose Islamabad for your Living.. because rest of cities are quite devastating in local governmental administration.

Wks,

I planned a trip to explore, but due to present crisis in Pakistan I had to postpone.

I'm just waiting for normality, and shall plan accordingly.

INN SHAA ALLAH if all goes well you will be the first to know.

Regards

That's sounds fun! Hope it goes well when it does go ahead..
Did u plan it with a tour guide/ agency or personal?

I'd like to do this with my family but these tour guides charge alot!

When I said I want to explore, I meant work wise, I already have family in Pakistan. And I go every year.

Alhumdollila brother with Grace of Allah All-mighty, I moved to Pakistan back in 1998. I am married with 7 children, all born in the UK. worked as a property developer in the UK. Back in 1994, I decided that I must move to Pakistan for the sake of my children, so I made a five-year plan and I printed on A4 paper" We are all moving to Pakistan 1999" don't forget that was 1994. I hung this paper in my front room near my PC and told all my children. A week went by and when my children came from school every day, they would first go in the front room and look at this sheet of paper and with a sad voice shout to their mom. "MOM it's one day less again" after a week my wife told me to please take it off as the children are worried and dread going to Pakistan.

So I had to listen to the (HOME minister as we lived in the UK) LOL and I took the paper off but the five plan was still in my mind.

Come 1998, my eldest daughter started university and one of the best uni in the country, meanwhile, for last 4 years I have been chatting with my friends and family about moving to Pakistan and guess what they said. ARE YOU MAD?, you are well settled here, your business is booming, your children going to the best schools, why do you want to move to Pakistan.

But I was determined to move, so I went to Pakistan in 1998, purchased some land near Islamabad and built a house for my family. Took me 9 months.

Came back to the UK and we all decided to go to Pakistan via Saudi, do the Haj and then to Pakistan. So the children were OKish as I told them that we are going for only a short time.

Landed in Pakistan in October 1999, spent the first six months with my children taking them to restaurants, site seeing etc to keep them happy.

Then we decided that they need to attend some sort of school, went to see a well known private school called Beconhouse school for girls in Islamabad, My daughters, came out crying from the gates of the school after 10 minutes and said Abu Ge (DAD) we are going to this school, I said why what happened, they said that when they went in, the first thing teacher told them to take their HIJAB (headscarf off) as non of the other girls wore it. They refused and came back out. So that school was a NONO.

Then Alhumdollila, THe girls started an Islamic school and became Hufazz. the son also had a similar problem so he also started an Islamic school but did not last long.

Eventually, they all forgot about coming back to the UK as they lived a life (O'Reilly) in Pakistan.

in 2000 after the children were well settled I open a clinic in Rawalpindi, As I am an acupuncturist and I employed a few Chinese doctors from China, again with Grace of Allah all-mighty the business was booming and I was making more money than the UK business,

The difference was between UK business and Pakistan, is I had to do everything myself in the UK, where are in Pakistan, every day my shoes will be polished and my car cleaned down and the driver waiting for my commands. I also lived the life of Oreillys.

Then my children started to get married and after marriage, I told them that they can live where ever they wish, slowly they all got married and move back to the UK after 10 years, I tried to stick it alone for another 5 years but the life was not the same without the children, especially if you were used a large family.

In 2014, I also moved back to the UK and now living a miserable life in the UK with nothing else but BILLS and APPOINTMNENTS.

So this is my story of moving to Pakistan.

A few words of advice from y experience.

1) Move asap, if your children are under the age of 15, they will settle down quickly.

2) don't even think about moving to village life, it may sound good for you but not for your children.

3) Spend at least the first 1 year with your children, keep them happy, tour them around, show them the best parts of Pakistan

4) Make sure, you got enough income to live in Pakistan, now around £1500 per month minimum.

5) Move to Pakistan around October or March time, so they can have a few months of cool weather before it gets too hot for them.

6) Spend some time in the Path of Allah, when you are in Pakistan for the work of Dawah, there is every Muslim responsibility.

I hope this is of some help but you can always call me on 07890197837 if I need any more advice.

M Khan
Chinese Hospital Birmingham.

Wow…an inspiring story.  I've been planning…more thinking about moving from London where I've lived almost entirety of my life to Pakistan.  Unfortunately always something has come up to put the plan on hold…at the moment it's Covid.  I'm still hopeful, and determined to move in the coming few years inshaAllah

What societies do you recommend in Islamabad?

I'm thinking of moving with my 2 children who are 4 and 8. We are all Uk born but husband regularly goes Pakistan. Living there is not an issue for me but I'm just concerned about the kids there schooling and health
What would you advise