LEAVING Malta

Hi everyone,

I am leaving Malta and I am not sure what I need to do before hand. I think I paid more tax in the beginning when I arrived and I am not sure if I am entitled to a tax return, how I can be sure of that?
who can help me with this please?

I am also not going back to Portugal (my residence ) for good, I don't know if I will return before the expire date of my residence card, which is 2025. Any advise on how to proceed in here , should i return it or I can go back to Portugal with it ?

Kindest,
Joana Silva

Word of advice, never really give your full name on an open Forum

Joana Silva54 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am leaving Malta and I am not sure what I need to do before hand. I think I paid more tax in the beginning when I arrived and I am not sure if I am entitled to a tax return, how I can be sure of that?
who can help me with this please?

I am also not going back to Portugal (my residence ) for good, I don't know if I will return before the expire date of my residence card, which is 2025. Any advise on how to proceed in here , should i return it or I can go back to Portugal with it ?

Kindest,
Joana Silva

Not 100% sure, but I think your residence card will cease to be valid if you have been out of the country for more than 2 years.
Also if you tell the tax office you are leaving so you can get any refund that may be due you are confirming that you will no longer be resident in Malta and should return your residence card.

Phone 153, & ask for appointment  at an office near where you live. Its. easier than their main office , & I've always found them very helpful.