What's the best thing about living in Ireland?

I was trying to describe life in Ireland to a Russian friend and it was difficult to pinpoint exactly what made it so great so I decided I'd ask you :)

You will never see so many different shades of green anywhere else in the world.

Really? Have you travelled to other countries cause there are definitely other places in the world where you can see different shades of green, it's not something that's only in Ireland.

If you find it difficult to explain to your friend why life in Ireland is great, it means that it's not that great??! Otherwise you will be able to answer yourself without asking;)

Jenhealy wrote:

Really? Have you travelled to other countries cause there are definitely other places in the world where you can see different shades of green, it's not something that's only in Ireland.

Just like yours, mine is a personal opinion, but to answer your question, probably the only continent I've not lived/worked in is the Antarctic, so it's my view based on all the places I've worked and lived in.

It's not the UK... there I said it !

I've lived in Ireland for 26 years, I rarely go back to the UK now and when I do I usually can't wait to get back to Ireland.

It's not perfect by any means, housing is an issue for one, but I find the attitudes in Ireland are far removed from the mean spirited malaise that seems to have prevailed in recent years in the UK.

The current government aren't always to my taste but seem to work well enough, at the same time that the UK had it's disastrous mni budget the government here released a budget that was fully costed, balanced and largely a giveaway. It barely caused a ripple, even the opposition couldn't come up with much to crtitcise.

My opening sentence might seem flippant but the more I live outside the UK the more it looks like some grim and distant memory to me.