Bus driving jobs

Hi all,
I'm new hear and starting to think about moving from the uk at the beginning of next year.
I'm a bus driver in the uk so was thinking of applying for same job in Malta. I know it's not the best job but just want to find out what the best area would be be to live and work and also is it more difficult now that the uk is no longer in the European Union

Welcome to the Forum, I think they always need bus drivers both
on Gozo and Malta and would suggest Gozo as it's a very small island and easier to find your way around.  I don't know if you are aware that
wages here are lower then the UK and it will not be as easy as it used to be to move here as you will be a TCN.   Have you visited the islands
before, if not would recommend you do whenever things go back to
normal, we are in lockdown at the moment. Good luck.

Thanks for that information
I've been to Malta but not Gozo so will try and plan a trip there after lockdown.

Yea I'm aware of the lower wages but still need to look into how difficult it will be now we've left the EU

darralcity wrote:

Thanks for that information
I've been to Malta but not Gozo so will try and plan a trip there after lockdown.

Yea I'm aware of the lower wages but still need to look into how difficult it will be now we've left the EU

I would think it is not too difficult as lots of the drivers are TCNs, Gozo would certainly be easier to learn the routes.
I believe you have to have been resident here for at least 6 months before they will consider you for training so you would probably need to find a job in order to be able to move here to start with.
Try contacting Malta Public Transport via their website.

darralcity wrote:

Hi all,
I'm new hear and starting to think about moving from the uk at the beginning of next year.
I'm a bus driver in the uk so was thinking of applying for same job in Malta. I know it's not the best job but just want to find out what the best area would be be to live and work and also is it more difficult now that the uk is no longer in the European Union

Hello Darralcity,

I happened to view your post yesterday, just as were about to head to the bus terminal in Bujjiba.  We've chatted a few times with Dave (ex-UK) and so I asked him, what he would do in your situation. He advised you to contact the:

Malta Public Transport, (Operations) Ltd.
Triq Valletta
Hal Luqa LQA1780
+356-2122-2000
www.publictransport.com.mt

I hope that helps you!

We just moved to Malta, so we really don't have a valuable information to pass on regarding, places to live and work.  Perhaps, someone else on the forum can help you with those queries.

Take care and all the best,
Edward and Valerie Herring

Contacting Malta Public Transport has already been advised.

Hi

Thanks any way for that but yes I did already know who to contact regarding jobs but I guess what would be useful to me right now is some personal opinions on how does the job compare over in Malta from UK apart from the obvious weather benefits 😁so to hear from any Expat bus drivers from the UK or any conversations you may of have with a UK bus drivers would be a great help

Thanks

Not been a bus driver but the two main differences are the condition of the roads and the driving standards of other motorists, that's why I
thought Gozo may be better as the roads are not so crowded.

@darralcity hello you are in Uk like can we talk through WhatsApp 01****

Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : Do not share your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct